Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
Kid drinks, drives at violent speeds and almost kills his passengers and who knows who else using the road. Wish we had appropriate legal consequences in the US.

ChrisLA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S CT
Country flag
I don’t know what all the fuss is about — that should buff right out.

Also looking forward to the inevitable “#4 sign” memes, the luckiest little fella in the whole sequence.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
That carbon ceramic brake disc is gonna cost.

Porsche Taycan Teen Driver Rolls Taycan at 100 MPH HLSD6H67YFHP7DHN5SIRMKYMVQ

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Evidently it is possible to roll a low suspension EV with a heavy battery in the floor (therefore low center or gravity).
If you hit the kerb going at speed sideways, no problem. Near infinite lateral grip at ground level.

As a contrast a lot of SUVs have low grip tyres fitted to stop them rolling over in the "moose test" swerve, according to one of the senior tyre engineers I worked with in racing...

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I counted 12 rolls, although could have been more once it went off camera.
My understanding was physics says a car can only roll 8 times. No idea where I heard this but I could be wrong as I usually am

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
As a contrast a lot of SUVs have low grip tyres fitted to stop them rolling over in the "moose test" swerve, according to one of the senior tyre engineers I worked with in racing...
I thought with EV's they just make sure the suspension is designed such that the wheels fall off at a lower side forces than it would take to flip the car, leaving the car to slide on it's belly, which I would assume does not have much lateral traction. Wouldn't that be a better solution than low grip tyres? It would also help hitting a kerb, at least the first one.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
HER passengers, I believe.
She's lucky she didn't die and had only minor injuries... a testament to the car's safety features and a whole lot of luck. 10 years ago at that speed and with that weight I think you've got 3 dead likely. She'll also be lucky to escape a long prison sentence presuming her male passenger survives - he's in critical condition, unfortunately. I can recall being that age and being a passenger in cars I shouldn't have gotten into because my judgment was impaired - never a Porsche and never at 100 mph, but at that age you think you're invincible. Again, who is allowing their 19 year old out at 4AM and letting them drive a $100k high performance machine - that person has some answers to provide, if you can get them off the island they were likely vacationing on at the time.

SeanTaycan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
This happened right down the street from me. Couldn’t believe it.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This happened right down the street from me. Couldn’t believe it.
A similar thing happened down the street from me with a Model X that crashed into a gas station and then burned all night long - similar story - drunk teenager with mom's car.

At first I was thinking - 100mph - that's insane, but these cars gather speed so quickly. Certainly too quick for any teenager without decades of driving experience, let alone under the influence.

SeanTaycan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
A similar thing happened down the street from me with a Model X that crashed into a gas station and then burned all night long - similar story - drunk teenager with mom's car.

At first I was thinking - 100mph - that's insane, but these cars gather speed so quickly. Certainly too quick for any teenager without decades of driving experience, let alone under the influence.
When I first got my Taycan I didnt floor it for a while because 1) I couldn't find a safe enough road to do it, and 2) The acceleration is just ridiculous compared to my X7 50i (which I came from), and that thing is wicked fast. I can only imagine how this kid lost control and on top of that the weight of the Taycan is insane....

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
How he missed and went between A) the two fuelling islands, B) the parked red car, C) the "4" numbered post for the parking bay and D) finally the stone boulder in the bottom left hand corner is just remarkable....
Wow this boy was lucky, it could have been way worse!!!
Sponsored