No fewer than 5 new models.
Sponsored

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
That turbo frontend is just inconsistent with the rest of the Porsche lineups. One thing is that Turbo is keeping the teardrop-like design which makes it more like Gen1.

For me I'd just wait for the real next gen.
Taycan in general is different from the rest of the range.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1s_AxkK7j4

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I actually think the ST/CT change is a bit worse...

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-07 at 11.43.26_d09a99f3.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-07 113802.png

That said, it's a change rather than being really bad and I think I'll get used to it!

This is the higher specs - the base ST actually is less of a change
What’s it matter when you’re sitting behind the wheel?

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Quite. I do think the original design is a little better though...and I don't think that will change
Also the Taycan headlights were unlike anything else in the model range. They’re saying in the marketing that they’re flatter to accentuate the “width of the car” when in reality they had to re-design them to fit the new matrix design headlamps. So you have a result that is much less sculpted than the original

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Yep a smidge over 12% for me too, like for like. On basic prices the rear wheel drive appeared to have the biggest uplift from MY23 prices (which are still on the UK configurator) and top range Turbo S basic pricing was around 13% more if memory serves.
Yeah I’ve never seen such a jump in prices on an updated Porsche series like this; granted they’ve also never updated the horsepower in the hundreds like this lol

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I think they are getting uglier the more I see them - just seems like such a crude design to me - bit baffling (no pun intended)!
I concur. When I first saw the unveiling, I thought that Porsche was really being shitty by making the Base and 4S front ends look clunky/cheap/crude because I mistakenly assumed that the Base (mint green) Taycan was the new Turbo and that the Turbo pictured was the Base or 4S. I was shocked when I went on the configurator and discovered that the Base/4S with a sport design front end is in fact the more refined design (at least in my humble opinion).

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
What’s it matter when you’re sitting behind the wheel?
if that was true for me buying a car I’d have a Tesla or something. I want my car to be something I walk away from and look back at. Something I look out the window to see on my way past it. Something I walk towards and smile at how good it looks. So yeah, imo a car should be aesthetically pleasing and it’s a key requirement for me.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I think the Turbo S styling has a cyborg like edge to it. To be fair it's quite fresh looking for that part of the segment. You don't see that styling often on cars.

That said, I'm not a fan of the other trims styling over the J1 I. Yeah maybe I'm still in denial if only partially. :p
Designs grow on us.
my issue is that they’re forcing turbo buyers to get sport Chrono now. One of the great things about the previous model is that you could spec a very clean interior, but still have that power.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I think it looks more like a Panamera on the front end, and thus less distinctive and less attractive. I like the menacing reptilian look of the .1. But to each their own!
Remember this is just a temporary facia until the next gen arrives in a couple years.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
if that was true for me buying a car I’d have a Tesla or something. I want my car to be something I walk away from and look back at. Something I look out the window to see on my way past it. Something I walk towards and smile at how good it looks. So yeah, imo a car should be aesthetically pleasing and it’s a key requirement for me.
Agreed 😎
Remember this is just a temporary fascia until the next gen arrives in a couple years.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Agreed 😎
Remember this is just a temporary fascia until the next gen arrives in a couple years.
I actually don’t mind the new look, I was just responding to your comment :)

I look forward to the new lot of cars coming out. I am a little confused by some design decisions on this gen, it looks a little less resolved than gen 1. But 🤷‍♂️

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
granted they’ve also never updated the horsepower in the hundreds like this lol
Where are you seeing the HP bump? I'm not seeing it.

The only thing I'm seeing is Porsche is now showing the overboost HP for the 2025s and they stopped showing the overboost HP for the 2024s and are now showing the non-overboosted HP instead.

3 days ago, both the 2025s and 2024s were showing the same (overboost) 402 HP.

This is for the base... I didn't compare the other trims.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Where are you seeing the HP bump? I'm not seeing it.

The only thing I'm seeing is Porsche is now showing the overboost HP for the 2025s and they stopped showing the overboost HP for the 2024s and are now showing the non-overboosted HP instead.

3 days ago, both the 2025s and 2024s were showing the same (overboost) 402 HP.

This is for the base... I didn't compare the other trims.
Yeah on the base it looks the same [with a three second reduction in launch time.] The price jump is likely due to the now standard features that used to be optional.

On the Turbo there’s a 200 HP jump.
Sponsored

Last edited: