Trip log for MSU visit (using Chargy app)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I wanted to try the Chargy app that one of our forum members @DerekS created.

It’s an interesting app and I like a lot of the features it has for logging information about road trips. I really like how it scans EVSE screens when you’re done charging and automatically pulls the details into the app.

I didn’t log all of my food stops or the hotel stay but here’s what the copy/paste of the finished trip looks like.

Porsche Taycan Trip log for MSU visit (using Chargy app) 1711247193648-dk

Overall it’s a pretty cool app that I’ll probably use again for my next road trip.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
One suggestion, if you're staying at a hotel that has a charger, try the Hotel Stop instead of Charging Stop. It has start/end SoC for you to add in this case. I was initially scratching my head how you had such a long charging stop until I realized that :)

I'm working on the app this weekend, I'll add the ability to change the type of a charging stop so you can adjust it in the next version.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One suggestion, if you're staying at a hotel that has a charger, try the Hotel Stop instead of Charging Stop. It has start/end SoC for you to add in this case. I was initially scratching my head how you had such a long charging stop until I realized that :)

I'm working on the app this weekend, I'll add the ability to change the type of a charging stop so you can adjust it in the next version.
Yeah, I realized that after I had already added the overnight charging stop. I went to see if I could change it after the fact but the functionality was not there (glad you are adding it). Overall it was pretty easy to use but I did need to click each of the icons to figure out what was what. Also, it looks like "Drive Time" metric is actually the total trip time. I also forgot to start the trip at the actual start of my trip. I started it at my first charging stop. Is there a way to change that after the fact?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Overall it was pretty easy to use but I did need to click each of the icons to figure out what was what.
Good feedback, I may need to do something to explain this for the first time.

I also forgot to start the trip at the actual start of my trip. I started it at my first charging stop. Is there a way to change that after the fact?
Yes!
- Locate the start trip log on the Logs tab, and tap it
- Tap the pencil icon
- Modify to match the actual departure date/time, location, date, mileage etc. (If you edit the address it will update the long/lat for you)
- Tap done in the upper right when complete.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Oh and regarding drive time - you're correct that it is (currently) total trip time, currently, but I will correct that and make the two separate stats.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I forgot to mention, the app version that allows changing log types is out now.

Bugfixes:
- Fix crash when sharing log or trip from iPad/Mac
Features:
- Trip Detail now displays distance statistics (longest/shortest/average leg)
- Trip Detail now displays charging. cost statistics (most expensive/least expensive/average cost)
- Trip Detail now displays trip time and drive time as separate statistics
- Log Edit screen now allows changing log types and deleting logs

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forgot to mention, the app version that allows changing log types is out now.

Bugfixes:
- Fix crash when sharing log or trip from iPad/Mac
Features:
- Trip Detail now displays distance statistics (longest/shortest/average leg)
- Trip Detail now displays charging. cost statistics (most expensive/least expensive/average cost)
- Trip Detail now displays trip time and drive time as separate statistics
- Log Edit screen now allows changing log types and deleting logs
Thanks for the update. I was able to successfully change a charge stop into a hotel stop. After that change I noticed that the Overhead number is significantly affected. I'm not sure if you intended this, but the difference between charge time and total time at a hotel stop is being counted as "overhead". You might want to consider excluding it from the overhead calculation.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I was able to successfully change a charge stop into a hotel stop. After that change I noticed that the Overhead number is significantly affected. I'm not sure if you intended this, but the difference between charge time and total time at a hotel stop is being counted as "overhead". You might want to consider excluding it from the overhead calculation.
Oh snap, excellent find! Will correct that. Thank you.
Sponsored