TURBO or TURBO S

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I got the difference between my Turbo spec and S spec down to *only* £6k... so went with the S to get all the lovely carbon fibre bits for "free".

Man maths always wins :CWL:
Sponsored

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Schlossj
so obviously I use the Turbo S build as the benchmark, then I build the 4s and Turbo with the exact specs, everything exact
that leaves the 4s around 180k, Turbo at 200k and Turbo S at 215k.
i can justify the 20k add for the Turbo because of the extra power at all times however the S‘s only advantage from what I’m gathering is the extra launch mode punch which I don’t see the value if all other driving between the turbo and s are the same performance
Happy to look at the spec and provide thoughts if you want - but frankly you also have to consider resale and a $180K 4S likely will depreciate super fast compared to the others. My very well equipped 4S was $145K so curious as to what else you’re adding. All this being said if you really want all the features then the Turbo is likely the sweet spot. I highly doubt you’ll notice or miss the extra ~100hp.

OP
OP
TheFutre

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Schlossj
Made a mistake
I took another look at my build and the 4s is 175k, the Turbo is 200k
Now I'm having doubts about spending the extra 25k for the Turbo
Both builds are identical inside and outside

Happy to look at the spec and provide thoughts if you want - but frankly you also have to consider resale and a $180K 4S likely will depreciate super fast compared to the others. My very well equipped 4S was $145K so curious as to what else you’re adding. All this being said if you really want all the features then the Turbo is likely the sweet spot. I highly doubt you’ll notice or miss the extra ~100hp.

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
I got my, almost fully specked 4S two weeks ago, including the Burmaster soundsystem, mission E rims, ceramic coated brakes, night vision, the whole package almost. I was also deciding between the 4S and an equally specked Turbo and the $30k difference was just not worth it for me. You get a 0.6-0.7s faster car and that’s pretty much it (with the builds I had).

I am VERY happy with my choice. Resale value? I don’t care I can afford to loose the money, I didn’t buy the car as an investment, I have plenty of that already, I bought it to have fun.

And to be honest, I am 40 years old so launch control makes me feel sick so I only use it as a party trick for new passengers :p

Here is my build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQ43KK4

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
:CWL::CWL::CWL: Who exactly are you going to lose to in a Turbo or 4S?
My brother's Model S Performance. He's already talking about the "Plaid mode" he'll get next year...
4S would already lose to my M3P purchased for $60k.

OP
OP
TheFutre

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
But I’d much rather sit in, drive, look at and have a Porsche in my garage vs a M3P

My brother's Model S Performance. He's already talking about the "Plaid mode" he'll get next year...
4S would already lose to my M3P purchased for $60k.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The Turbo S is too fast. There, I said it.

I've mentioned before but I'm strongly of the view that you only get the Turbo S if it's the one you just have to have.

Outside of HP, you don't really get much going from a 4S to a Turbo S. It's faster but it doesn't drive better, have a nicer interior (provided what you choose to option), or sound better. Those are the things that usually really separate the Turbo/Turbo S Porsche cars but in the Taycan it's really just going up levels of fast.
Plus PCCB, carbon-fiber trim, several features standard, style points, and higher resale. And yes, it is too fast.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Turbo S = no regrets - if you have the means I highly recommend it.

the fact that you’re even asking this question begs an answer - get what you want and don’t look back.

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
You are in danger of over thinking it!

Forget your head, the decision is simply a balance between your heart and your bank account!

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a sensible moment and ordered a Turbo, have regretted it ever since and wish I had ordered the Turbo s. I would say get the 4s or Turbo s looking back at it now. I find that the used car market is a great judge. The model available to buy with shortest lead time and used is the Turbo......
Sponsored