MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
So did a spin from Dublin to Galway – 95% motorway – still driving it like a Turbo S should!

Last two weeks (on the summers) my consumption was hovering at the 29 kWh/100km and today I ended up in Galway with an average of 25.6 kWh/100km.

So happy enough with that.
Thanks for the update and I'll look to do something similar with my winters/summers, albeit the other way around.
Sponsored

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Very cool! She needs a wash though :D

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Wow! Really cool you’re doing btw. I want to go DK with my son, as far north as we can go on wheels .

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
So one tiny thing that isn't working as well on this car as the 4S is the rear camera washer. It seems like it's aimed wrong and only washes half the camera. The 4S did a really good job at cleaning the lens.

The plastic washer nozzle looks very flimsy and I don't want to damage it.

Anybody successfully adjusted it?

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
@cityhpper We're incorporating Stavanger, Bergen and Ålesund this time too. What's your thoughts on the Atlantic Road – is it passable this time of year ? I'm really hoping to drive it – even if I needed to use our snow chains!
Norway in winter is normally not difficult if you have good winter tyres. Road maintenance is good. The exception is during and immediately after heavy snowstorms, when mountain driving is not recommended, or even impossible. Snow chains would not help then either.

If Kristiansand will be on your route, you may meet Porsche enthusiasts there if you should so desire.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Norway in winter is normally not difficult if you have good winter tyres. Road maintenance is good. The exception is during and immediately after heavy snowstorms, when mountain driving is not recommended, or even impossible. Snow chains would not help then either.

If Kristiansand will be on your route, you may meet Porsche enthusiasts there if you should so desire.
Thanks @or1 – we have been to Norway before in our 4S (https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...arctic-circle-road-trip-2022.9393/post-135982) but this time we're exploring more of western Norway (hence the question).

We'll be getting off the ferry at Kristiansand from Netherlands but will be pushing on to Stavanger almost immediately.

Yes, always very impressed with the snow plows, convoy driving, etc in Norway. I guess if you let the snow get in the way, you'd do nothing! A bit like us and rain here in Ireland!

We were very impressed with the Pirelli PZero Winter NF0 tyres last year and will also carry the Taycan snow chains with us – should they be required.

We will be writing up the trip fully – hope you take a peak at it along our way – and see how us winter amateurs are getting on!

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks @or1 – we have been to Norway before in our 4S (https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...arctic-circle-road-trip-2022.9393/post-135982) but this time we're exploring more of western Norway (hence the question).

We'll be getting off the ferry at Kristiansand from Netherlands but will be pushing on to Stavanger almost immediately.
You may have your route set. But may I recommend Bekkjarvik Gjestgiveri between Haugesund and Bergen? An old inn famous in all of Norway for its food.

The inner route northwards from Stavanger (to the east of Boknafjorden) has lots of good views, but may be a bit demanding depending on the weather.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may have your route set. But may I recommend Bekkjarvik Gjestgiveri between Haugesund and Bergen? An old inn famous in all of Norway for its food.

The inner route northwards from Stavanger (to the east of Boknafjorden) has lots of good views, but may be a bit demanding depending on the weather.
Really appreciate all suggestions – especially from "locals". We do have our overnight stays all planned – but very much open to routes and trying also to be flexible for weather conditions.

Will google your recommendations and see if we can fit them in!

Thank you again!

Reactions: or1

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Really appreciate all suggestions – especially from "locals". We do have our overnight stays all planned – but very much open to routes and trying also to be flexible for weather conditions.

Will google your recommendations and see if we can fit them in!

Thank you again!
Great. Looking forward to the trip reports!
Sponsored