f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Nope, a profile that is not home location will not charge immediately. Have been using this since I’ve had the car and it does not charge until my preferred times.
To be fair, I have my preferred times set in my wall box as opposed to the car. My point is, that with a location independent profile, if I plug in at lunchtime, the car sits quite happily not charging and starts at the cheap time I’ve set. With a home profile, it tries to charge straight away but can’t as the box won’t provide power, and throws up an error message.
Sounds to me like your car would charge immediately to that set in the profile except your wall box has been set not to do so until your preferred time, which prevents it.
Mine starts charging as soon as I plug it in if it is below the percentage set in home profile.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
🤣 now that is something I’d like to see.
Car is a bit pricey to repurpose as a car feeder; well maybe not the used market.

Oops, I mentioned depreciation outside of the depreciation thread…😳

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Car is a bit pricey to repurpose as a car feeder; well maybe not the used market.

Oops, I mentioned depreciation outside of the depreciation thread…😳
Maybe someone could strap on a fake tailpipe that shoots cat treats out the rear as you drive down the street.

What depreciation? Is that a topic these days?

OP
OP

Gruby

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
thank you all, I decided to go with timers for the cap + profile. Profile is due to the fact that if the next departure time 6am as an example, then the car may not start charging till midnight or even later and I rather have juice ready to go just in case.

Would love to discuss the criteria used by the Porsche product team to define such a flow full of frictions.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thank you all, I decided to go with timers for the cap + profile. Profile is due to the fact that if the next departure time 6am as an example, then the car may not start charging till midnight or even later and I rather have juice ready to go just in case.

Would love to discuss the criteria used by the Porsche product team to define such a flow full of frictions.
Thats what the minimum charge level is for - comfort threshold and minimum level of charge.

Profile + timer is the way to get if relying 100% on Porsche rather than confusing the situation with programming of a non Porsche EVSE (best practice is to run a non Porsche evse in dumb mode - no programming).

Optimised times work in conjunction with a home energy manager (HEM) only and supports the mixing of grid and solar power sources.

Using an intelligent tariff such as Ovo Charge Anytime turns this all on its head and you do not use or mix Porsche evse pcm programming and use the intelligent tariff app only.

If able, switch to Ovo and use their app exclusively. The end.
Sponsored