Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
This only happens with polarized lenses. I have a pair of sunglasses that I only use for driving that do not have polarized lenses so that I can see the HUD.
Makes sense but never new that and thanks for the info will organise sunglasses
Sponsored

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Often leave the car in the driveway for personal afternoon-evening appreciation!
Last week a guy was staring at my taycan for a good 15 secs, I finally exited the car and he proceeds to tell me he's a valet at a 4 star restaurant and he's never seen a nicer vehicle, ha

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We bought a 2022 Turbo last March and I do have one regret. The regret is we bought as a primary driver for my wife so I don’t have enough driving time with it. My life loves it though and so do I on the weekends. As a consolation I did inherit the 911, which I still love driving after owning it for 10 years. It never gets old hearing the ICE engine purr. The instant torque of the BEV is addictive as well so it’s a win win to own both and can switch between them.

Reactions: B61

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I have been looking at getting into a taycan ever since they came out. I think I may take the leap now.
Go for it, it's special!

I was curious on peoples opinions that have owned the taycan since new. Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?
Not anymore, because my Taycan 4S+ is in the shop for 6 weeks with a broken main battery. Need another 3 months to get it fixed. I'll sell it immediately, don't need such a car in my life.

• Sad

GileP

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm on my third Taycan 4S (two saloon and current one is an ST). I've done 45,000 miles in them over 30 months. Fast, smooth, quiet, practical and enough handling and grip when the mood takes and the right road presents itself. I've done little commutes and big cross Europe trips in it. Couple of bad days with chargers (queues or not working) but no catastrophes as always had a plan B.

Prefer to drive in traffic with regen switched on. better for fine tuning speed and avoids using brake all the time - which is better for following drivers. on clear motorway no regen and coasting is more efficient.

Regen seems to make the car smoother to drive. In all three cars the brakes, whilst good when you need them to be - do have a different feel to ICE cars because of the transition from regen only to pads on discs.

Last observation is that the car does sometimes mist up sporadically but is easily cleared with a bit of aircon fan.

Can't see me going back to an ICE car as daily driver now after having this experience

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
Interesting, with my polarized Ray-Bans the HUD almost completely disappears.
My wife had a Lexus that the HUD was not visible whatsoever with polarized sunglasses on, even on the highest brightness. We have an Audi that has a HUD that shows up perfectly with the same sunglasses on. The Taycan HUD is fairly visible, right in between the other two and is quite usable with both Oakley and Maui Jim polarized.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. Is the turbo S worth it over the turbo? I have driven both but they were months apart from one another. Used prices have gotten very attractive lately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. Is the turbo S worth it over the turbo? I have driven both but they were months apart from one another. Used prices have gotten very attractive lately
Yes, but I’m biased. But once you have the turbo s, you know there’s nothing better. No regrets.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have CT4 since September 2021…and after 27k km, it still brings me smile on my face every time when i approach to the car.
It was my daily driver for more than a year, since i’m retired, it became weekly driver :blush: :angel:

Instead of turbo/s, i spent 50k for options and if i’d place order today, i’d select the same.

Last edited:

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
Yes, but I’m biased. But once you have the turbo s, you know there’s nothing better. No regrets.
To each his own. I am at the other end of the spectrum. I‘m 86 and have had a beautiful gentian blue CT 4 for 18 months and absolutely love it. Even this lowly beast has more than enough torque for anybody’s day to day driving. The ride and handling are better than any BMW, AUDI or MB I have ever owned and the CT is ultimately practical. 4 stars!! I never had a mid life crisis but this car is a perfect solution for an old life crisis😀

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Got my crayon grey RWD last July. 11,000 miles in and love it. Mine is my daily driver. Ace car. I’ll get an ST next time as how have a dog. Will see if I can stretch to a 4S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
To each his own. I am at the other end of the spectrum. I‘m 86 and have had a beautiful gentian blue CT 4 for 18 months and absolutely love it. Even this lowly beast has more than enough torque for anybody’s day to day driving. The ride and handling are better than any BMW, AUDI or MB I have ever owned and the CT is ultimately practical. 4 stars!! I never had a mid life crisis but this car is a perfect solution for an old life crisis😀
I had a MY09 Cayenne base and as much as it was better than the X5 I owned previously, always felt it just wasn’t it when I saw an S or Turbo drive by. It not only lacked of power, it also lacked in the options… no full leather, none of the performance options, no sports sound, shitty base brakes, etc.

This time around I decided to get the best. And it’s soooooooo good. Yes, base, 4S, GTS, Turbo are all good… but it’s not the best. Both looks and performance wise.

For me, life is just too short for compromises… as long as you can pull it off.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a MY09 Cayenne base and as much as it was better than the X5 I owned previously, always felt it just wasn’t it when I saw an S or Turbo drive by. It not only lacked of power, it also lacked in the options… no full leather, none of the performance options, no sports sound, shitty base brakes, etc.

This time around I decided to get the best. And it’s soooooooo good. Yes, base, 4S, GTS, Turbo are all good… but it’s not the best. Both looks and performance wise.

For me, life is just too short for compromises… as long as you can pull it off.
Get ready to trade it in for the Turbo GT in a year then if you're in constant need of getting the flagship.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Get ready to trade it in for the Turbo GT in a year then if you're in constant need of getting the flagship.
Yea, probably not going to do that. Not one to upgrade every moment, but will looking around for the best options again in 10 years once it’s time to upgrade. 👍
Sponsored