Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I have been looking at getting into a taycan ever since they came out. I think I may take the leap now.

I was curious on peoples opinions that have owned the taycan since new. Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

I have a habit of jumping to a new car every 6-12months and was wondering if the taycan has staying power. I am either going for a turbo or turbo S. My current daily is a 392 wrangler which is a blast but just looking for something a bit different. This will be purely a family daily as I still have a couple fun sports cars to play around with. While my wife will still have her rubicon for the Jeep experience.
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My 2020 Turbo with 25,000 miles has been faultless and an absolute pleasure to own/drive. So much so that my new 2023 Turbo is just rounding Greenland and I should have it in April.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
These cars are awesome, joy everyday. But I’ve only owned since December.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I bought a Cherry Red base in June 2021.
After 28,500 miles I traded it in November 2022 on a Carmine Red GTS.

My only regret on the base was the color, and I wanted a bit more power. Both of those issues are now solved. :)

This will be my car until Porsche makes a proper 2 door EV.

My expectation is Boxster will be next, and someday a 911 once they finally electrify it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This will be my car until Porsche makes a proper 2 door EV.

My expectation is Boxster will be next, and someday a 911 once they finally electrify it.
But the depreciation will be horrendous… don’t do it. I heard that in the year 2100 that range will be around 800 miles and the batteries will weigh 25lbs less. Wait until then.

j/k 🤪

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I've owned a highly optioned 4S+ since August 2020, now with 32,000 miles. A terrific road tourer, I have taken two 5,000-mile extended road trips throughout the western US and Canada. Daily driver, except for many sunny day analog excursions in my '91 964.

Every time I get into it, I'm constantly amazed about what a terrific experience it is. It's had its share of "first year" hiccups, but all have been sorted out and I just love it.

I'm on the hunt for a GTS allocation, and definitely would buy an electric 911 like DerekS.

OP
OP

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Seems overly positive from all the responses. So it doesn’t have anyone looking for something else to scratch the itch

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I've owned a highly optioned 4S+ since August 2020, now with 32,000 miles. A terrific road tourer, I have taken two 5,000-mile extended road trips throughout the western US and Canada. Daily driver, except for many sunny day analog excursions in my '91 964.

Every time I get into it, I'm constantly amazed about what a terrific experience it is. It's had its share of "first year" hiccups, but all have been sorted out and I just love it.

I'm on the hunt for a GTS allocation, and definitely would buy an electric 911 like DerekS.
This is awesome to hear! :)

Lmk if you need help with a GTS allocation...My SA might have one open.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Just over a year and 10K miles in a 22 RWD. I came from a golf GTI. Still LOVE my car on the daily. After a couple months I thought maybe I should have gone 4S but this is my daily driver and I'm actually now GLAD that I have the trim with the longest range. My biggest regret is no HUD.

Treeboar

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan / S3
Country flag
The current 2 year waiting list can dampen the enthusiasm!

Ive just waited 18mths in which time, some of the options changed and the car became more expensive…

But you know what, in all that time since I order, I had a few test drive cars over the weekends, and I believed this car is worth the wait!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Very happy with mine after 15 months and 10K miles. I wouldn't say its a blast to drive coming off a 911S but it feels solid, drives great, and has cool onboard tech which works about 85% of the time.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2024 -4S , GT3
Country flag
I took delivery of my highly optioned base MY21 in May 2021. Other than one minor issue after 6 months of ownership, the car has been bullet proof. Since 2014, I have had several 911's and still have a 991.1 GT3. I changed the 911's like my ex-wives, the Taycan is a keeper. To answer your question, I enjoy my Taycan over a 2 year period more than any 911 I have owned and that includes the GT3.
Sponsored