Add me to the list of owners with Red Ring of Death message

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
After a few flawless years of driving my 2022 4S, it finally happened... got the red ring of death "electrical system error". Luckily I got the message on my driveway. Dealer put it on a flatbed one month ago. My dealer has several qualified battery techs, but even so the process of dropping the battery from the car and testing each cell is painfully slow. The need for data analysis from Atlanta and Germany makes this a tedious process. They finally decided to replace the heater and high voltage charger. Interestingly, I had the car in for recall heater replacement one week before I got the electrical system error message. Coincidence?? Once the parts arrive and are installed, they want to do more testing to make sure that was the problem. If they cannot get the error message to return I get my car back. If the message does return after further testing, they will likely replace the entire battery. Can't image how much longer that might take. I was given a loaner, but i am keeping my gas receipts and plan to ask for all of my expenses back during the service period. Has Porsche been known to reimburse for gas, insurance, car payments etc during long service periods?
Porsche Taycan Add me to the list of owners with Red Ring of Death message IMG_4743
Sponsored

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
Interesting that they didn't give you an electric Taycan instead of gasoline car. If they did, the free charging with Electrify America might have alleviated your need to ask for reimbursement of gasoline.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
1. I had a Taycan loaner while mine got a new battery pack. Doubt they will re-imburse the gas.

2. Call Porsche USA and create a case and complain about the duration of the repair required, your car seems to be out of the lemon law time period but it never harms to file an official complaint. Ask them for some compensation, they will most likely come up with something.

JasonC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After a few flawless years of driving my 2022 4S, it finally happened... got the red ring of death "electrical system error". Luckily I got the message on my driveway. Dealer put it on a flatbed one month ago. My dealer has several qualified battery techs, but even so the process of dropping the battery from the car and testing each cell is painfully slow. The need for data analysis from Atlanta and Germany makes this a tedious process. They finally decided to replace the heater and high voltage charger. Interestingly, I had the car in for recall heater replacement one week before I got the electrical system error message. Coincidence?? Once the parts arrive and are installed, they want to do more testing to make sure that was the problem. If they cannot get the error message to return I get my car back. If the message does return after further testing, they will likely replace the entire battery. Can't image how much longer that might take. I was given a loaner, but i am keeping my gas receipts and plan to ask for all of my expenses back during the service period. Has Porsche been known to reimburse for gas, insurance, car payments etc during long service periods?
IMG_4743.jpg
My 2022 4S is going in for the heater replacement today. Hopefully it won't develop the same problem in a few weeks. Will update this thread if for some reason it does.

Cwood#44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Audi A7
Country flag
IMG_4743.jpg
Am in the same boat. Got Red Engine Control Error, Electrical System Error, ( Check Range with 63% SOC), Dealer says they can't seem to replicate these Errors. Indicated checking with Germany. Was told to keep Gas receipts if the Loaner was required for more than 1 month. Dealer has my car more than myself lately. 3 week wait for HVC from Germany etc. Has performed flawlessly up until the 51,000Km mark. 2 successful runs to Florida in 2023. I'm worried.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Model Y
Country flag
So are these heater and battery issues solved for 2024 and the new 2025?

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
sorry to read this, red ring of death issues seem to appear almost every day, worrying.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
IMG_4743.jpg
Whereabouts are you located?

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Ugh...
over 43,000 flawless miles in 3.5 years, and got it this morning...
flatbed to dealer, so bummed.
have 25 on order, may have driven this one for the last time...
Sorry to hear :( added you to the tracking list — hope you get a quick a resolution!

OP
OP
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry to hear :( added you to the tracking list — hope you get a quick a resolution!
UPDATE: This week (week 5 since towed) they are installing new heater and high voltage charger. They need next week to test and make sure they do not get the red ring of death again. Should have car back end of next week if testing goes well. If not, they will likely replace entire battery and lord only knows how much more time that will take. Dealer has been great at keeping me informed along the way. Dealer says they will assist me in applying to Porsche NA for gas/expense reimbursement for Macan loaner. They offered me a brand new Taycan loaner that they just got in if I want to give them back the Macan. I will say that the dealer has done everything they can to please me in a tough situation. I'm realizing I took the car for granted... now I can't wait to get it back. Driving a papaya colored Macan not the same!