Anyone parking their Taycan outside in the winter?

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

How is your experience and do you have any tip to protect the car from damage from the snow and cold?

How cold and snowy does it gets in your place?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I don't park the car outside and now reside in Florida without wintery weather, but one issue could be the door handles getting frozen in place.
I have memories of a different car left waterside in sub zero weather and the door mechanism seized up from it freezing.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag

How is your experience and do you have any tip to protect the car from damage from the snow and cold?

I don’t live in area where it gets that cold during winter normally. But a recent holiday over Christmas and New year in Norway saw a lot of very cold nights, -20 C and also a LOT of snow. No issues at all and the prehating via the app was a blessing. The car was comfy at entry and only needed to be cleared of snow to start driving. Windows were all ice free and no issues with any doorhandles or charging flaps.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Taycan was my ski car so it was in the snow and cold all the time. What type of damage are you worried about? The only thing I dealt with was extra chips from snowplows throwing down sand / gravel.

Porsche Taycan Anyone parking their Taycan outside in the winter? Taycan in the snow

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Snow and cold isn't going to damage the car. The one thing you should do if cold and traveling, is to charge the car the day before when the battery is still warm.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
I only park my Taycan outside. No place in the garage.

Winters are not that cold and snowy here, but even if it gets really cold it will stay outside.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I live in Finland. It’s pretty snowy and cold here (even on south). No problem at all :) it’s a car for all types of weather

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don’t live in area where it gets that cold during winter normally. But a recent holiday over Christmas and New year in Norway saw a lot of very cold nights, -20 C and also a LOT of snow. No issues at all and the prehating via the app was a blessing. The car was comfy at entry and only needed to be cleared of snow to start driving. Windows were all ice free and no issues with any doorhandles or charging flaps.
I am from Norway… Did you have a Taycan standing while it was -20 and a lot of snow outside?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Taycan was my ski car so it was in the snow and cold all the time. What type of damage are you worried about? The only thing I dealt with was extra chips from snowplows throwing down sand / gravel.

Taycan in the snow.jpg
Did you have any issues with the color paint getting bad on the car or the glance disappear or maybe any rust?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Snow and cold isn't going to damage the car. The one thing you should do if cold and traveling, is to charge the car the day before when the battery is still warm.
How will the paint / color be after winter? Can it be damaged?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I live in Finland. It’s pretty snowy and cold here (even on south). No problem at all :) it’s a car for all types of weather
Did you experience rust or the painting becoming bad or the glance on the painting disappear?

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Did you have any issues with the color paint getting bad on the car or the glance disappear or maybe any rust?
Nope. None of those issues.

Also, -20C was pretty common for me. Range and charging speed suffer, but there were no long term issues.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
No issues with car staying outside in winter. Pre-heat via app and car will be ready when you need it.
In my experience, the Taycan is no garage queen. It's meant to be used in all weather conditions.

Porsche Taycan Anyone parking their Taycan outside in the winter? IMG_2331

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you experience rust or the painting becoming bad or the glance on the painting disappear?
Not at all. Glance disappears only if you use a brush heavily when cleaning a car from snow. But it’s not an issue if you follow one of the following - 1) a car stays under a roof and you don’t need to clean it 2) if you have to clean it, do it as gently as possible avoiding any contact with the painting

all my cars were under clear sky, I didn’t have any roofs. Now I moved to a new house and there is a open space with roof for a car.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
all my cars were under clear sky, I didn’t have any roofs. Now I moved to a new house and there is a open space with roof for a car.
The dearth of garages in Finland is concerning; do Finnish men not build sheds to get away from their wives?
Sponsored