Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I've just had an offer from MoneySupermarket to switch to OVO Energy as there's a deal that is better than the EOn one I'm on just now.

Am I as well doing that just now with a view to getting the OVO Anytime deal added on?
As soon as the switch is complete you can download their Charge Anytime App and link it to your Porsche ID and take advantage of the rebate to give you a charging cost of 10p/kwh
Sponsored

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
As soon as the switch is complete you can download their Charge Anytime App and link it to your Porsche ID and take advantage of the rebate to give you a charging cost of 10p/kwh
Do you need a smart meter for that? I always wondered how they know it's the car charging if you don't have a smart meter...or does it know because it's linked to the Porsche ID?

I've avoided having one added at home for ages as I'm certain my current meter runs reasonably slow given the amount of electricity we must churn through. My average bills are always low compared to what others seem to experience for similar properies.

A fried was saying that they reckoned the OVO Energy tarriff might end up more costly over the year if you fix for 12 months compared to letting current deals run and benefitting from falling rates over the period (with the caveat of "assuming nothing else daft happens")

Given the increased loads I'll be adding to the household with the home charging, I think going for the switch and the options of the Anytime App option is maybe best overall though.

Worst case, I'm stuck on it for a year and can move again. I won't be worse off than I am now. Might just not benefit from lowered rates if they happen in the near future.

IainW

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just to clarify some differences between Intelligent and +Anytime:-
Intelligent uses the smart meter as the source of billing data, i.e. if smart charging, (not max charging), the whole household consumption is billed at 10ppu.
+Anytime uses the EVSE data and applies a discount on the EV consumption to reduce this to 10ppu, I.E not the whole household.
The Ohme Home Pro and ePod are the only chargers that support both smart tariffs (as well as the more traditional time of use, e.g. British Gas Drivers tariff)

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Do you need a smart meter for that? I always wondered how they know it's the car charging if you don't have a smart meter...or does it know because it's linked to the Porsche ID?

I've avoided having one added at home for ages as I'm certain my current meter runs reasonably slow given the amount of electricity we must churn through. My average bills are always low compared to what others seem to experience for similar properies.

A fried was saying that they reckoned the OVO Energy tarriff might end up more costly over the year if you fix for 12 months compared to letting current deals run and benefitting from falling rates over the period (with the caveat of "assuming nothing else daft happens")

Given the increased loads I'll be adding to the household with the home charging, I think going for the switch and the options of the Anytime App option is maybe best overall though.

Worst case, I'm stuck on it for a year and can move again. I won't be worse off than I am now. Might just not benefit from lowered rates if they happen in the near future.
Yes you need a smart meter which can transmit half hourly readings. I belive the amount used for charging is calculated by the app/software looking at the soc movement of the car.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes you need a smart meter which can transmit half hourly readings. I belive the amount used for charging is calculated by the app/software looking at the soc movement of the car.
Cheers. Might be I just need to bite the bullet and get one now then...

I think OVO organise it for you as part of the switch if you want. I'll check it out.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Cheers. Might be I just need to bite the bullet and get one now then...

I think OVO organise it for you as part of the switch if you want. I'll check it out.
They will be check the lead in, it may not be immediately available

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
They will be check the lead in, it may not be immediately available
It's quite the achievement that I've waited 18 months for it and the week I've got the collection date sorted, Glasgow City Council have pulled the free charging from the Charge Point Scotland options.

We don't have a charger at our work (yet) either so I'm really going to be relying on home charge in the main.

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't need to fix for one year with Charge Anytime tariff. That is my understanding.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You don't need to fix for one year with Charge Anytime tariff. That is my understanding.
Good to know, thanks.

It's more that I need to fix my gas and leccy for a year with that tariff being offered on MSM

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
I have just switched from Ecotricity to OVO Energy’s Simpler Energy plan which is variable rate with no exit date or exit fee. I have also added OVO ChargeAnytime and made a small test charge saving £3.40.. You do need a SmartMeter (preferably SMETS2) that replies 1/2 hourly

Jonttt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
I’ve just picked up a Taycan and ran a couple of test charges at home. I just happened to be on a fixed OVO Tariff of 20p/kWH so setup the Charge anytime app. As part of the setup you geolock your home charging location and link the app to your My Porsche App to give it control over the car for charging ie it takes over the My Porsche app for charging. I have a really old charging pod at home, a basic none smart charge master installed c 6 years ago (I’ve been running hybrids). I set no schedules on the car and can’t on the charge pod as its as dumb as they get lol. All worked seemlessly. I even arrived home a 12am one night and so adjusted my charge to full time to 10am. That effectively meant the charger needing to start immediately which it did…….woke up the following day to a 100% charge and received the full credit on the app.
I’m really impressed with how slick this was to setup and works in practice. Nb I will usually charge at work and only use home for occasional top ups but impressed I can get such a low tariff without going onto a night rate and sacrificing daytime rates (which would not work for me) especially as I’m already on such a good fixed tariff.

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve just picked up a Taycan and ran a couple of test charges at home. I just happened to be on a fixed OVO Tariff of 20p/kWH so setup the Charge anytime app. As part of the setup you geolock your home charging location and link the app to your My Porsche App to give it control over the car for charging ie it takes over the My Porsche app for charging. I have a really old charging pod at home, a basic none smart charge master installed c 6 years ago (I’ve been running hybrids). I set no schedules on the car and can’t on the charge pod as its as dumb as they get lol. All worked seemlessly. I even arrived home a 12am one night and so adjusted my charge to full time to 10am. That effectively meant the charger needing to start immediately which it did…….woke up the following day to a 100% charge and received the full credit on the app.
I’m really impressed with how slick this was to setup and works in practice. Nb I will usually charge at work and only use home for occasional top ups but impressed I can get such a low tariff without going onto a night rate and sacrificing daytime rates (which would not work for me) especially as I’m already on such a good fixed tariff.
You say that you have geolocked your location. I am in the process of joining OVO CA for my home address. Will I be able to join at my address in Wales with a separate OVO CA account which will require a different geolocation setting?

Jonttt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
You say that you have geolocked your location. I am in the process of joining OVO CA for my home address. Will I be able to join at my address in Wales with a separate OVO CA account which will require a different geolocation setting?
Sorry I have no idea. I just know that part of the OVO Charge Anytime app setup process is that you confirm on a map your home address where the charger is situated. As the app has access to your cars location through your My Porsche account I just assumed it was part of the checking process when charging that you should get a credit. I presume the car also confirms to OVO that it is charging so that you cannot charge another car on your drive.
Sponsored