Bose system on the Taycan, is it a good system?

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am surprisingly satisfied with the Bose implementation in the Taycan. As others have said, the base version is terrible. I had it in my Cayenne and it was the worse sound system I’ve ever had.

I was able to test the Burmester prior to going with Bose. It’s definitely better. But for me it was *that* much better given the cost. Bose is great with low and high. Not so much with the mids. But I use Apple CarPlay and it’s actually a pretty nice experience for the money. If cost is not an issue then that’s one thing; if you are looking for the best bang for the buck, I think you will be happy with the Bose.
*wasn’t* :)

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I think the Bose is just fine. And given the massive $5600 up-charge for the Burmester, it sounds really, really good!
In full agreement. I think it is better than what I used to have in my BMW, Harmon Cardan or something like that. I never go above 9 or 10 in volume and it is plenty of power and clarity.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
I'm curious. How's the Bose surround sound system? I just sold my Mercedes GTS AMG and the sound system sucked! My Honda CRV performed better. I do hope that the Porsche, Taycan has a better system and performs much better than the Mercedes.

If those of you had to rate the Bose system from 1-10 ten being the best? What score would you give it?

Thanks for your feedback
Although I am not a great fan of BOSE known as Better Off Something Else personal opinion
the basic was really not good enough and Burmester was silly money so decided to order Bose

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It's Burmester, not Burmeister.
Common mistake. ?
Probably comes from "meister of sound" :like:

btw: imo, BOSE in Taycan is great. I have had several BOSE setups in previous cars (Volvo,Renault), but it's something completely different from what I was expecting. Already discovered some tones that I haven't heard before (Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Within Temptation, Anneke van Giersbergen... to name just a few...)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
If you decided to get Bose don't forget the insulated glass option
Thermally insulated glass is standard. The optional glass is laminated glass with increased reflection for:
  • Noticeably improved acoustics due to the minimization of external noises
  • UV protection
  • Reduced warming of the interior
And yes, Bose in the Taycan is the best Bose in a Porsche. Burmester is incredible.

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Probably comes from "meister of sound" :like:

btw: imo, BOSE in Taycan is great. I have had several BOSE setups in previous cars (Volvo,Renault), but it's something completely different from what I was expecting. Already discovered some tones that I haven't heard before (Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Within Temptation, Anneke van Giersbergen... to name just a few...)
I had a macan as a loaner and it's bose system was not close to being as good as the system in the taycan. I had read somewhere that unlike the other bose setups in porsches the taycan bose system was designed specifically for the car.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I had read somewhere that unlike the other bose setups in porsches the taycan bose system was designed specifically for the car.
Isn't that the case with all Bose-equipped cars?
Anyway, it's true.

Reactions: B61