Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Is that DC price for BP too? If so, as long as you don't loiter I think it's much cheaper than std BP charges.

I'm 99% sure I've charged up from 10% to 80% in 20mins or so....even if it was 20% to 80%, that's 50kWh added or so.

Power charge would therefore be £15.60. Time charge would be £8.80. So a total of £24.40 for 50kWh. Or £0.49/kWh with no loitering.

BP Pulse were the first charge points I used and make me wonder wtf at £0.83/kWh.

So that seems like good saving if my maths is right.

OP
OP
bn8959

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Is that DC price for BP too? If so, as long as you don't loiter I think it's much cheaper than std BP charges.

I'm 99% sure I've charged up from 10% to 80% in 20mins or so....even if it was 20% to 80%, that's 50kWh added or so.

Power charge would therefore be £15.60. Time charge would be £8.80. So a total of £24.40 for 50kWh. Or £0.49/kWh with no loitering.

BP Pulse were the first charge points I used and make me wonder wtf at £0.83/kWh.

You’re right, should work out cheaper now. Them and she’ll I’ve always discounted when planning as I know how stupidly expensive they are.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’re right, should work out cheaper now. Them and she’ll I’ve always discounted when planning as I know how stupidly expensive they are.
Actually makes them second cheapest next to Ionity.

I may have to change my anti-BP stance :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Um, isn't it £0.54 up to £0.75?

You need to include the time charge regardless.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Um, isn't it £0.54 up to £0.75?

You need to include the time charge regardless.
I accounted for that in the £8.80 component (20mins at 44p).

I am thinking my maths must be out as to date BP have been robbing barstewards. But maybe they've been reading posts!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Why not a standard rate plus an overstay charge after a certain period?
The pricing is based on per / kWh charge and the time you spend charging (aka a rip-off). It is not advertised / identified as an overstay charge. Only Ionity don't add the charging time to your invoice hence why it is the cheapest.

This is a Porsche thing but if you look on My Porsche App you'll see all the prices per / kWh and the charging time (even on low powered EVSEs).

it could be that Porsche are being more "transparent" in that BP Pulse et al are charging say £0.79p per kWh which actually has a hidden / inclusive charging time element. It is a stretch I know but...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I thought Porsche Charging Services changed their pricing structure recently. And abandoned the time element in the rates? At the same time the doubled the yearly subscription though?? Or am I totally wrong? I can not connect through my app or website just now to check!

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
I thought Porsche Charging Services changed their pricing structure recently. And abandoned the time element in the rates? At the same time the doubled the yearly subscription though?? Or am I totally wrong? I can not connect through my app or website just now to check!
they did, but it is only for those who are renewing or wish to be "upgraded"

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
they did, but it is only for those who are renewing or wish to be "upgraded"
Ok that sounds strange?

I just looked at my Charging Service in the app (worked again ) and see something very strange.

I have my contract paid until 12.5.2024. But there was a separate message that my charging service contract would expire in 10 days?? Sounds like an April fool message!?

I would be interested to hear if any one else has seen the same MESSages.

All of these Connected services from Porsche are very irritating and inconsistent. Wish they could get some experienced people onboard to sort the SW side of the car out!!

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging IMG_2008
Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging IMG_2009

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Strange indeed…. Must be some overinflated Porsche days in there!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The change is coming but not yet active unless you sign up early
Sponsored