First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The change is coming but not yet active unless you sign up early
Yes I just got that confirmed by Porsche. The new rates will be implemented the 1.4.2024 in my case, but my subscription will be without extra costs until May 12. So seems I have no choice but to pay the new rates from 1.4 .2024!
The app kicks up just now because I have not re-entered a new credit card in the system or registered my subscription.

Forst pass at calculating the rates by only using Ionity (which we mainly do) and just subscribing to Ionity Pass, rather than Porsche Charging services. The initial result is that Ionity subscription at a lower monthly rate is cheaper than Porsche. So may well give that a miss since I do not have Plug and Charge anyhow!

I will dig a bit deeper into this later today.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I just got that confirmed by Porsche. The new rates will be implemented the 1.4.2024 in my case, but my subscription will be without extra costs until May 12. So seems I have no choice but to pay the new rates from 1.4 .2024!
The app kicks up just now because I have not re-entered a new credit card in the system or registered my subscription.

Forst pass at calculating the rates by only using Ionity (which we mainly do) and just subscribing to Ionity Pass, rather than Porsche Charging services. The initial result is that Ionity subscription at a lower monthly rate is cheaper than Porsche. So may well give that a miss since I do not have Plug and Charge anyhow!

I will dig a bit deeper into this later today.
Let us know how the analysis goes, but when I got the email with the fabulous early door switch offer from Porsche, after rolling around on the floor with laughter for 20 minutes at the amazing offer, I put its in the round filing place, called the recycle bin.

If that's the best they can do, then I won't be staying with PCS when my contract is up. That'll be plenty of Porsche Tax for me.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The pricing is based on per / kWh charge and the time you spend charging (aka a rip-off). It is not advertised / identified as an overstay charge. Only Ionity don't add the charging time to your invoice hence why it is the cheapest.

This is a Porsche thing but if you look on My Porsche App you'll see all the prices per / kWh and the charging time (even on low powered EVSEs).

it could be that Porsche are being more "transparent" in that BP Pulse et al are charging say £0.79p per kWh which actually has a hidden / inclusive charging time element. It is a stretch I know but...
Personally I have no major issue with being charged a per min element.

It should discourage people staying in bays longer than needed, discourage bumping right up to 100% unless needed etc.

And as per calcs above, I actually think this deal is a lot less than BP charge themselves. So all good.

It's unfortunate that Ionity aren't more widespread. 30p-40p is where rates should really be. But if Porsche can get more networks signed up this sort of deal, it might actually be worth considering a card when my original deal expires.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

It should discourage people staying in bays longer than needed, discourage bumping right up to 100% unless needed etc.

And as per calcs above, I actually think this deal is a lot less than BP charge themselves. So all good.

It's unfortunate that Ionity aren't more widespread. 30p-40p is where rates should really be. But if Porsche can get more networks signed up this sort of deal, it might actually be worth considering a card when my original deal expires.
It will have no effect whatsoever as the charge is effectively hidden and certainly not displayed on the EVSEs themselves. Only folk on the forum will twig what's going on here.

This is different to the clearly marked EVSEs which make it clear that you have 30 mins of charging before an excess is applied (in some UK locations its £30 minimum overstay charge).

Rates in general are artificially high (3 times too high) but I fear they're here for a while - nothing to do with world issues / economics but the sad fact is that EV sales are in the doldrums just as EV charging locations (of decent speed) are springing up left right and centre. This capital investment will need to be recovered somehow.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I can agree with you in principle! I do not mind the per minute charge as such, when charging the Taycan. IF and ONLY IF the station does deliver the stated kW! But pulling into an advertised station with 200 kW with a SOC at 15%, preconditioned battery at 40C, and then getting 75 kW power only, that sucks.

I am all for a high per minute charge after 30 minutes etc, but the stations need to -reform to promised capacity. Then I like Ionity’s and Tesla‘s model better of just charging per kWh!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will have no effect whatsoever as the charge is effectively hidden and certainly not displayed on the EVSEs themselves. Only folk on the forum will twig what's going on here.

This is different to the clearly marked EVSEs which make it clear that you have 30 mins of charging before an excess is applied (in some UK locations its £30 minimum overstay charge).

Rates in general are artificially high (3 times too high) but I fear they're here for a while - nothing to do with world issues / economics but the sad fact is that EV sales are in the doldrums just as EV charging locations (of decent speed) are springing up left right and centre. This capital investment will need to be recovered somehow.
I see the charging prices in the U.K. are really high. Both the subscription per month but also the kWh charge?? No wonder the EV market in UK completely dives!

AC charging at 0.54 GBP is crazy! And 0.74 GBP for non Ionity chargers! Well well!

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging IMG_2011

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I see the charging prices in the U.K. are really high. Both the subscription per month but also the kWh charge?? No wonder the EV market in UK completely dives!

AC charging at 0.54 GBP is crazy! And 0.74 GBP for non Ionity chargers! Well well!
Yeah see, you rolling around on the floor with laughter yet!? 🤣

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let us know how the analysis goes, but when I got the email with the fabulous early door switch offer from Porsche, after rolling around on the floor with laughter for 20 minutes at the amazing offer, I put its in the round filing place, called the recycle bin.
Here is my quick analysis of the cost for last years driving in different countries in Europe. I have used the estimated total km’s driven in each country. Total trip count is about right but charging is calculated for my average consumption. One really has to do a lot of miles to gain any advantage from the Porsche Charging service now. Of Course there is the added benefit that PCS will give when charging at other networks than Ionity, which is not covered in my calculations.

As a side note, it still is more than 5,000 Euros cheaper to use the Taycan than our dinosaur juice burning ICE vehicle!

I have also not been able to see if I only could subscribe to the PCS in the months that I really travel long distances?? In other words, the 6- 7 months at home with home charging, would not require the subscription! But not sure if that would be possible.

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging IMG_2013

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

IMG_2011.jpeg
Indeed.

Fortunately, I only ever use a public charger once or twice a month at most - happy to wait overnight and be charged £0.07p at home!

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I note your comments on the rollout of the new BP charging system hooked up to the PORSCHE charging app.
However, I have never received any letter or updates from Porsche on this subject.
Am I missing something here or what.?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I note your comments on the rollout of the new BP charging system hooked up to the PORSCHE charging app.
However, I have never received any letter or updates from Porsche on this subject.
Nope. That’s standard Porsche modus operandi 😅

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It was communicated recently via the app.

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging Screenshot_20240326-201206_My Porsche
Sponsored