MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I don't think the lowest common denominator is there. I'm not trying to be classist, but picture the EV equivalent of someone driving a 2005 Chrysler Sebring/2007 Ford Explorer/average gas car today. Do you think they care about maintaining an upscale environment?
They’d likely keep going where they’ve been going. The kind of facility I’m talking about would be more of a tailor-made environment; perhaps even membership-based for those who wanted it.
Sponsored

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Well aren't you the optimist -- what makes you think they are all going to be working upon the grand opening?
(Seriously -- the Merrimack NH location had two broken chargers upon opening this past fall.)
And one is indeed already broken.
So much for the supposedly better reliability of their Gen 4 chargers.
But it’s already being fixed since this is their big PR station.
Too bad EA doesn’t care fixing chargers immediately at stations that have only three other working chargers.

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_4899

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Except perhaps by the end of 2026 when VAG is free to walk away from all this.
Interesting observation, and I only just made the connection with the reduction in ”free EA charging“ included with new Porsche EVs: both the Macan and the Taycan refresh (MY25 both) offer only 1 year.

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
Just went to this location since it’s less than a mile from my home.

I rolled up to a random charger, plugged in, and it started charging. Is this is how all the Tesla people feel like?! It’s great! Plus I get 3 years charging for free. The proximity of this location to my home is crazy.

I rolled in at around 4pm on a Thursday and it seemed to be 60% full. The lounge areas are nice and clean, there are some vending machines, and the bathrooms are clean too. I hope they manage to keep this location maintained and safe!

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_2338

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_2329

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_2330

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_2337

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Just went to this location since it’s less than a mile from my home.

I rolled up to a random charger, plugged in, and it started charging. Is this is how all the Tesla people feel like?! It’s great! Plus I get 3 years charging for free. The proximity of this location to my home is crazy.

I rolled in at around 4pm on a Thursday and it seemed to be 60% full. The lounge areas are nice and clean, there are some vending machines, and the bathrooms are clean too. I hope they manage to keep this location maintained and safe!
Very cool, thanks for the report. Did you notice any queueing system/procedure? Ie is there a semaphore at the entrance, were you issued a number etc.

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very cool, thanks for the report. Did you notice any queueing system/procedure? Ie is there a semaphore at the entrance, were you issued a number etc.
Nope! You just roll in and then roll out. I am curious how they will load balance once word spreads about this location.

The only thing that I did pick up on is the driving is one way only, so maybe that's part of their capacity planning?

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So the individual that actually used the facility, had positive comments about it, and the individuals that live on the other side of the continent thought no better than to complain about it.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
So the individual that actually used the facility, had positive comments about it, and the individuals that live on the other side of the continent thought no better than to complain about it.
I am sure that the facility is great. I am happy for those who use it.
I am also sure that EA facilities where I live and travel rarely get out of the double digits along with many chargers outright broken. I am sad for those who have to use them on a regular basis.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
that's really nice for the folks in that region, sadly the remainder of EA customers are left to suffer with throttled chargers, if they are even operational. I would rather see some movement on their main issues one of which is providing a better charging experience.

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think both statements can be true tbh. Overall my experience with EA has been hot garbage besides this one station. I wouldn't be surprised if they're pumping cash into this one to at least state they have a charging hub with good metrics in a busy urban area.

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
Hope EA builds more charging stations in this format.

Was empty Saturday afternoon but filled up quickly during my session.
Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco IMG_1532
Sponsored