Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Since the only purpose of this is to placate their CARB overseer without upping their maintenance on other stations in CA, perhaps EA will build another station like this in one of the other 49 states to placate their EPA overseer there … and perhaps that will be somewhere in the northeast.
Although by then everyone might have TSCN V3 & V4 access, relegating EA to a business school case study.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
I was there Friday night with 10 other cars, they already had a failed charger..

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tooney , such torture, knowing that every dollar that went into that station is a dollar that did not go toward improving other stations!
(Although technically, EA funds are fungible only within the two separate pots of CA vs the other 49 states.)

Speaking of funding, can we start a GoFundMe to pay for Kyle's expenses to tour some of the most impressively dysfunctional EA stations in northern New England?
(I want to see how his sunny Western personality copes with, "After waiting in my car half-an-hour for an opportunity to charge at one of the only two working chargers at this four-charger EA station, and then spending what seemed like even longer standing exposed in the sideways wind-driven freezing rain to complete the handshake, now I'm charging at 63kW...")

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Tooney , such torture, knowing that every dollar that went into that station is a dollar that did not go toward improving other stations!
(Although technically, EA funds are fungible only within the two separate pots of CA vs the other 49 states.)

Speaking of funding, can we start a GoFundMe to pay for Kyle's expenses to tour some of the most impressively dysfunctional EA stations in northern New England?
(I want to see how his sunny Western personality copes with, "After waiting in my car half-an-hour for an opportunity to charge at one of the only two working chargers at this four-charger EA station, and then spending what seemed like even longer standing exposed in the sideways wind-driven freezing rain to complete the handshake, now I'm charging at 63kW...")
Actually, if you look at his twitter account right now, he shows a long line at a Tesla Supercharger site, and earlier with Tesla's parked to block Fords from charging.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Oooh, he's racing an identical Ford from NJ to FL, one CCS1 charging, the other TSCN, cool idea!

He must be joking about this though:

" The Teslas are spaced perfectly blocking our access with our non-native charge port! Watch Tesla owners start to do this to block public access [...]"
... since that's just a leftover TSCN habit from V2 shared chargers in pairs, and it's a natural impulse in other context too (e.g., urinals).
Plus I doubt most Tesla owners care enough for such strategizing.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag

I hate to interrupt one of this forum's favorite past times of whining about Electrify America, but I did want to clarify something.

Kyle is not a "westerner." He moved to Colorado a few years ago from the southeast. I want to say North Carolina.

Ok, back to whining about Electrify America and avoiding the real question - why, in the past year or two, did I buy a CCS compatible vehicle that I want to drive beyond the range of my home charger when I know EA reliability sucks?????

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Debuts First Indoor Flagship Station in San Francisco Unknown

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hate to interrupt one of this forum's favorite past times of whining about Electrify America, but I did want to clarify something.

Kyle is not a "westerner." He moved to Colorado a few years ago from the southeast. I want to say North Carolina.

Ok, back to whining about Electrify America and avoiding the real question - why, in the past year or two, did I buy a CCS compatible vehicle that I want to drive beyond the range of my home charger when I know EA reliability sucks?????

Unknown.jpeg
Is your Taycan back in action yet?

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Is your Taycan back in action yet?

Yes. Luckily it was only out of commission for a week.

The car got some new charging components, and seems to be working fine. I also got a certain acknowledgment from Porsche that makes up for the inconvenience I went through.

I am road tripping in the Taycan to Tucson for three days next week to ride the gravel bike, and then headed to Scottsdale for four days for some fun. It has been a while since I have done the Albuquerque to Las Cruces stretch, but now there are two high speed chargers on that route and it should easy to do now.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

I would be willing to chip in a few bucks to send Kyle somewhere….far far away.

My apologies, I will see myself out….

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost all the Colorado backcountry skiers and skimo racers I know are transplants from the East Coast, so makes sense that Kyle is not a "real" Westerner!

Given that I experienced the state of CCS1 charging in the Northeast with my wife's i4 during the spring and summer before buying a Taycan at the end of the summer, I definitely fall into the "fool me twice" category.
However, as an economist who has worked for DOJ and CARB on CAA cases, including diesel cheating (although not VAG), I am endlessly fascinated by how poorly the consent decree has played out, even though I sure would have thought the incentives were there for EA to operate a functional network upon being required to build the network.
(But instead, EA has treated it more like being sentenced to perform community service for something like serving food in a homeless shelter kitchen...)

Meg

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon 4S
Country flag
I’ve been there twice, and it’s great. The first time during launch week, and last week during prime commuting time with there 4-5 empty spaces. I find the cables difficult to click into the car, but maybe they loosen with use. It feels safe, a guard is present 24/7 and there are plenty of chargers. It’s helpful to have the station dedicated to charging. Those in grocery store or shopping center lots often have awkward access, and inevitably users overstay their charging time. Quick turn-around creates additional capacity. I’m no longer a staunch critic of EA,
Sponsored