Heater issues anyone?

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Got an appointment already this afternoon and can pick up the car tomorrow lunch time. A quick repair. Guess they got the faulty part on stock.

Got the new Cayenne as loaner. Comfy and nice, but no match for the Taycan. Miss it already.
Got the car back. Faulty device replaced. Hot air flowing :)

Simply excellent service. Less than 48 hours after reporting the fault, the car has been repaired and returned.
Sponsored

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
For what it is worth. I did not have to pay anything. The electrical heater was replaced on warranty, a software update for the heater was done and I got a loaner car for free.

volcanomanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I',
But if that is on recall you should not have to pay for it?
I don't believe Porsche has put out a full recall in USA yet? It didn't show up when the dealer checked my VIN. Seeing a lot of mixed responses.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I',

I don't believe Porsche has put out a full recall in USA yet? It didn't show up when the dealer checked my VIN. Seeing a lot of mixed responses.
Wow , I feel your pain! Trying to dodge a faulty heater replacement when there is a recall?

Look alike you are in US so I would contact the local Porsche importer.

volcanomanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So update , my local Porsche dealer will be contacting Porsche N.A. to see if they will cover repair since it is a known failure.

We will see how much they care will keep everyone posted.

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Did anyone have a failing heater on a MY23?
At some point my heater stopped blowing hot air for about 20 min (I even tried to put the temp at the max) but than started working again. I am just afraid that it will fail just after the warranty expires.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did anyone have a failing heater on a MY23?
At some point my heater stopped blowing hot air for about 20 min (I even tried to put the temp at the max) but than started working again. I am just afraid that it will fail just after the warranty expires.
MY23 and earlier years that have a heater with a heater manufacture date earlier than Feb 15 2023 have potentially defective heaters, per the campaign WPL8 TSB.
One sign of a heater failure is a PCM error displayed at
PCM > air conditioning > Precool tab > precool heat option on

Nyck80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I received this today… Unfortunately my heater failed 2 weeks ago over the weekend and I had to bring it in the following week when a loaner was available. So mine failed before getting this notice.
Porsche Taycan Heater issues anyone? IMG_0398

volcanomanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So update , my local Porsche dealer will be contacting Porsche N.A. to see if they will cover repair since it is a known failure.

We will see how much they care will keep everyone posted.
So update Porsche covered 85 percent of repair out of warranty. Total bill about $430 , was looking at $3500.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
So update Porsche covered 85 percent of repair out of warranty. Total bill about $430 , was looking at $3500.
I find this completely unacceptable. It's a known failure in which they're issuing recalls piecemeal. This should be a class action lawsuit that results in a clear extended warranty much like what they did for the 991 GT3 Engines.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
My turn to lose heating (23 ST RWD battery plus, 19k miles)

Turned in the heater today and nothing but ambient temperature air coming out.

Tried restarting, turning AC off/on several times, all the usual tricks mentioned on here but no luck.

Called Porsche Guidldford who suggested I organize through Porsche Assistance to ensure I get a loan car. Looks like it’ll be going in to Guildford to be fixed.

I am sure there is no connection but it has only just been into Guildford for the battery check, PCM rework and service.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
My turn to lose heating (23 ST RWD battery plus, 19k miles)

Turned in the heater today and nothing but ambient temperature air coming out.

Tried restarting, turning AC off/on several times, all the usual tricks mentioned on here but no luck.

Called Porsche Guidldford who suggested I organize through Porsche Assistance to ensure I get a loan car. Looks like it’ll be going in to Guildford to be fixed.

I am sure there is no connection but it has only just been into Guildford for the battery check, PCM rework and service.
Update - it’s fixed 💪

Contacted Porsche who arranged for a “drive in recovery” and arranged for a macan loaner while the failed HV heater was replaced over 2 days.
Sponsored