Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
This won't put PCM navigation and Waze in the center screen but see if this might work for you. Enter your destination in the PCM and put the navigation on the center tunnel in the instrument cluster. Then open Waze (on Carplay for me) and the Waze navigation will show up in the center/main display. I just got this to work today in the driveway and have not road tested this setup but both navigation systems seemed to be fully functional. HUD even showed navigation directions. The whole thing could crash as soon as I start moving or cell reception drops out but it looked promising.
and both screens were showing the route ?
I tried several times, no success.
Only twice it did happen, but couldn't understand what specific set of steps triggered that ...

Porsche Taycan How to avoid traffic jams with navigation PXL_20230605_080644754
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
and both screens were showing the route ?
I tried several times, no success.
Only twice it did happen, but couldn't understand what specific set of steps triggered that ...

PXL_20230605_080644754.jpg
I have only a theory on why it worked this time. I think it was the order I did it in. I set the route through the PCM and let it finish calculating. I then set it to display on the instrument cluster. Only after it was showing on there did I activate Carplay and plot the route through Waze. I'm going to drive tomorrow and try it again. Hopefully both nav systems remain displayed and working. It will take a longer trip to see if the PCM navigation will preheat for a charging stop. Seems like it should as long as the two nav apps don't conflict and crash.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
I have only a theory on why it worked this time. I think it was the order I did it in. I set the route through the PCM and let it finish calculating. I then set it to display on the instrument cluster. Only after it was showing on there did I activate Carplay and plot the route through Waze. I'm going to drive tomorrow and try it again. Hopefully both nav systems remain displayed and working. It will take a longer trip to see if the PCM navigation will preheat for a charging stop. Seems like it should as long as the two nav apps don't conflict and crash.
Thanks for your detailed instructions. I think I waited for the PCM plan to be finished before I did the next step, by starting Waze with CarPlay. But it crashed and stopped navigation in the instrument cluster.

But I will try again and wait so the pcm plan is stable . And then see.
I have seen some members being successful.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
I tried this morning with Waze, Google Maps and Coyote: it always killed the route on the Navigation 🫤
I'm using Android Auto

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
I also just tried in all combinations.
As soon as I get a route in Waze, it stops the cars navigation. No matter what I start first and wait for.

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I had a recall last week and got the latest software update. My navigation system finally works as it should. Today my route was changed two times because of heavy traffic. So probably I had software issues and the update solved it.
Sponsored