Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app?

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Oh sorry no, on your vehicle page scroll down to and tap the "Export this vehicle's data" button, then tap export cached data, and airdrop the predictive-maintenance file to your computer, or email it directly to [email protected]
Sponsored

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
So at long last I feel like Electric Sidecar's got enough features that don't revolve around the account connectivity features that I'm resubmitting it to the app store for review again! As part of this journey I've made the decision to upgrade the subscription price from $4.99/month to $6.99/month. For this price, every feature of the app is included. In the future I might offer different subscription plans for subset features of the app, or I might launch more separate apps focused on those smaller features. We'll see!

I expect the v1.4 review will take a few rounds of reviews with Apple, but once it's in the App Store I will be generating subscription promo codes for everyone who has been beta testing Electric Sidecar over the past year as a thank you gift for all of your support + feedback along the way! Super excited to start tightening the feedback loop on the app with more people using it!

ThaJamez

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Trip logging seemed be disabled in settings.
Probably maps will be back now after turning this on again

ThaJamez

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Trip logging was turned off, probably after an upgrade of the app?

I’ve enabled it again now

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I'm working on making it easier to submit feature requests and bugs within the app right now and then will pivot to updating the electricsidecar.app website now that the app is launched. Once I launch the new electricsidecar.app website (hopefully in the next couple of weeks), I will be officially closing the public beta pool. If you're already using a beta build, you'll have access to the build until it expires (typically ~90 days), after which the app will cease to function. You'll want to switch to the public App Store build before then in order to keep the app functioning (I'm providing promo codes to public beta testers — reach out to me at [email protected] to request one).

I will be starting up a private beta pool for a smaller group of active beta testers. I'll use this pool to test new features before I ship them to the public but I will be limiting this pool to active testers (e.g. will require joining the Electric Sidecar Discord). If you're interested in joining the private beta pool, jump over to the Discord and introduce yourself via https://discord.gg/9QhpesqTSM :)

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
I just installed the app now that it is available on the App Store. What a great job you have done with it. It is really great. I am sure as I use it more and more I will have ideas/feature requests etc.

I used Tronity.io for over a year now and it was not the best experience. I think they did an okay job but it really has not improved much over the year. Plus, the integration with Porsche is brittle. Currently there is a 4 day delay in data for some reason. Also, it is really just a wrapped web app. I like how sidecar is native and how it takes advantage of the built in iOS APIs.

So, I just canceled my Tronity subscription and signed up for sidecar's.

Keep up the great work

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I just installed the app now that it is available on the App Store. What a great job you have done with it. It is really great. I am sure as I use it more and more I will have ideas/feature requests etc.

I used Tronity.io for over a year now and it was not the best experience. I think they did an okay job but it really has not improved much over the year. Plus, the integration with Porsche is brittle. Currently there is a 4 day delay in data for some reason. Also, it is really just a wrapped web app. I like how sidecar is native and how it takes advantage of the built in iOS APIs.

So, I just canceled my Tronity subscription and signed up for sidecar's.

Keep up the great work
Glad to hear you’re enjoying Electric Sidecar! I’m paying extra close attention to feature requests with the new influx of Sidecar drivers this week so if there’s anything you’d like to see in the app please don’t hesitate to submit requests in the app’s community tab!

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Trip logs getting some love in the next update!

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_1468

The trip statistics chart now shows vehicle speed and weather in addition to the existing fuel/battery data. If an OBD scanner is connected during the trip, the vehicle puck will now indicate this.