whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Just looked out of the window and couldn’t resist taking a picture…🥰

B7F4301B-0CE1-4BD6-B477-6057F87B1D0D.jpeg
Are you wheels backwards on purpose, or accident?

I think the fan blades are supposed to draw air out of the wheel wells (enters through the vents under the lights). The wheel well exhaust is already inhibited by the electric charge port. From the configurator:
Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery 1717718393085-i7

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Are you wheels backwards on purpose, or accident?

I think the fan blades are supposed to draw air out of the wheel wells (enters through the vents under the lights). The wheel well exhaust is already inhibited by the electric charge port. From the configurator:
1717718393085-i7.png
Thank you for spotting and bringing this up.

well, that’s now embarrassing. I was so proud of my diy wheel change. I triple checked that tyres are not directional , but could not think the wheels would be. Good news the rears are the right way round.
I will take this as an opportunity to compare the consumption with both ways and see if there’s any difference

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Thank you for spotting and bringing this up.

well, that’s now embarrassing. I was so proud of my diy wheel change. I triple checked that tyres are not directional , but could not think the wheels would be. Good news the rears are the right way round.
I will take this as an opportunity to compare the consumption with both ways and see if there’s any difference
Yes, well spotted @whitex. I parked my "poster is from UK, of course wheels are mirrored" half-attempt-at-a-joke because, indeed, the rears had the correct orientation. Thanks for elucidating the mystery.

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Yes, well spotted @whitex. I parked my "poster is from UK, of course wheels are mirrored" half-attempt-at-a-joke because, indeed, the rears had the correct orientation. Thanks for elucidating the mystery.
It’s a shame you didn’t make your joke. I would have responded that most of my mileage is going in reverse :)

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I know it's against the rules of the thread to post links instead of photos 😜
Had my car ceramic coated last week. The folks who did it uploaded an artsy reel to Instagram. Of course they had to include the shot of the dirty floor mat 🤦‍♂️.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It is unlikely!

Back in the 70s and 80s there was massive enthusiasm for wheel centre “fans” in the tuning community and I saw them on some sports racing cars but the reality is the rotational speed of a wheel is nowhere near high enough to do anything much.
Sponsored