DatboiDennis

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Hi everyone! Recently had my 2023 Tesla Model S totaled (not my fault). Looking to jump into Taycan Turbo S. Could anyone tell me the differences between MY20-MY24?
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Relatively minor changes, honestly. They did some drivetrain updates with the MY22, added plug&charge and a major software update, but I think most of that was eventually pushed to the earlier models too.

MY23 added a few new options like the variable panoramic roof and rear entertainment displays, but otherwise very little changes from MY22. Not sure what they actually did with MY24.

I might be forgetting something, of course.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
1. The 2020 was the only year that did not have plug-and-charge hardware necessary for Electrify America 3-year free charging plan and i dont think you can install it aftermarket.
2. A new electric heater part replacement around 2022.
3. Some colors were offered only for 2 years, i think: 21-23 Mahogany Metallic.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Take a deep breath - Stop, think & evaluate.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
The 2020 was the only year that did not have plug-and-charge hardware necessary for Electrify America 3-year free charging plan and i dont think you can install it aftermarket.
Porsche will retrofit, or at least they will retrofit the 19.2kW AC charger which would come with P&C, but it’s not worth the retrofit cost.

Last edited:

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Take a deep breath - Stop, think & evaluate.
Or do what I did...
Drink a bottle of wine, play around on the configurator until goosebumps appear, submit to dealer and keep drinking wine until the car appears.
Zero regrets.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
OP, if you’re looking to get into a Taycan, my suggestion is to use one of the four available doors. Use the driver door if you want to be the driver. Which side this is on will vary by locale. If you’re not sure, look for a steering wheel.

You mention “jumping”, but I think this is hard on the interior. I would get in gently.

The front and rear trunk are also options and I wouldn’t completely rule out removing body panels along with other components and contorting yourself into some other area of the car if that is your preference. Although, removing too much may call into question whether or not what you’re getting into is still a Taycan.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Only main difference is the plug and charge from 2021 up. There was a battery chemistry change in 21 I believe as well. However that doesn’t matter as all years are having battery failures. Whatever you get just grab something with a CPO. More warranty the better on this vehicle.

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Buy a used Turbo S and save over $100,000 off MSRP.
Sponsored