JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Here is my update after 1 year: Year 1 Feedback

Documenting for those looking for long term experience. Mostly an uneventful year 2 would be the headline. 18,000 miles so far.

Year 2 finally got my heater. Had to be replaced with what I believe to be the good replacement, time will tell. Taycan spent 1 day at the dealer getting the replacement and also a couple other recalls. A non-event.

My integrated Spotify stopped working, got resolved remotely by the Porsche support team. No downtime, had to use CarPlay Spotify for a bit.

All-season tires (Conti)still have life in them. Ideally I will keep them for 1 more year, if not before the winter starts.

No changes in range (not that I expected any), ~240 miles in the winter, starting to increase again, should be back to 280-290 in the warmer months.

2-year service, I replaced the filter myself (thank you taycanforum) and wipers. Had dealer do inspection and flush brakes. With service voucher from Porsche for EVSE, total cost $0. So 2 years in, maintenance costs ~$100 for filter and new wipers.

Love my Taycan. Love Neptune Blue. Love driving it. Still a head turner.

Current plan is to keep it for ~6 years, wait for the new Taycan and/or see what else is out there.

Audi Q8 e-tron joined the garage last year, great car as well.

That's it...thank you for reading an uneventful and boring post...
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I instantly feel better about my 20K service. Forgot that I had $600 of Porsche’s money…it’s back to feeing like a bargain (sort of) 😉

OP
OP
JustWatching

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I instantly feel better about my 20K service. Forgot that I had $600 of Porsche’s money…it’s back to feeing like a bargain (sort of) 😉

Not sure if you already had your service done but I checked with several (all?) dealers in the state. All over the map...pretty ridiculous, one of them quoted me $1,925 + tax.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Interested to know what is the actual cost of the 2-year (checks and brake fluid flush basically) and where you got it done to leverage with my dealer. I am also good for Cabin filter (under glove box) and Wiper replacement myself, but wonder if there is 2nd cabin filter for the 4-zone setup.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Not sure if you already had your service done but I checked with several (all?) dealers in the state. All over the map...pretty ridiculous, one of them quoted me $1,925 + tax.
I did. They got me for $1140 + tax for a 20K service 😒😐🙄

• Sad

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I also have Neptune Blue, which for me was a no-brainer when I saw it. My 911 was gentian blue so didn't want to repeat that. I'm at 2 years + 5 months and 25K miles on my MY22 RWD. Replaced only the back tires so far. Apart from recalls and the 2 yr service, it hasn't needed anything else.

No regrets. Love the car. Miss my 911 but from what I see, most guys driving them look twice my age, so I needed something a bit more current.

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Glad to hear this, as my only concern for long term ownership is potential maintenance costs. Loving... LOVING my '22 GTS. Looking to keep it for 8-10 years like my Tesla Model S before it.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great update. I am just past the 3 year stage. Currently 28,000KM and just had year 3 service.
Still loving the car and the colour. Have perhaps been lucky and had no major dramas. Occasional software glitches but only item that has failed was an A/C sensor replaced under warranty.
In general running costs have be low, but Posrche Australia 'recommends' annual service. Had to replace all 4 tyres this week and only tyres to suit in the country were helf by Porsche - so total cost A$3800. Fronts were down to the markers, rears might have lasted anther 3-4 months. Purchased extended warranty through Porsche for another 4 years for peace of mind.
Only options I still wish I had would be soundproof glass, Homelink and Burmester.

electrified

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, i3, 911E, C2S, GT3, Macan
Country flag
Here is my update after 1 year: Year 1 Feedback

Documenting for those looking for long term experience. Mostly an uneventful year 2 would be the headline. 18,000 miles so far.

Year 2 finally got my heater. Had to be replaced with what I believe to be the good replacement, time will tell. Taycan spent 1 day at the dealer getting the replacement and also a couple other recalls. A non-event.

My integrated Spotify stopped working, got resolved remotely by the Porsche support team. No downtime, had to use CarPlay Spotify for a bit.

All-season tires (Conti)still have life in them. Ideally I will keep them for 1 more year, if not before the winter starts.

No changes in range (not that I expected any), ~240 miles in the winter, starting to increase again, should be back to 280-290 in the warmer months.

2-year service, I replaced the filter myself (thank you taycanforum) and wipers. Had dealer do inspection and flush brakes. With service voucher from Porsche for EVSE, total cost $0. So 2 years in, maintenance costs ~$100 for filter and new wipers.

Love my Taycan. Love Neptune Blue. Love driving it. Still a head turner.

Current plan is to keep it for ~6 years, wait for the new Taycan and/or see what else is out there.

Audi Q8 e-tron joined the garage last year, great car as well.

That's it...thank you for reading an uneventful and boring post...

electrified

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, i3, 911E, C2S, GT3, Macan
Country flag
I was going to post a two year report on my 2022 Taycan4 CT, but will instead add my comments as a reply here. I took delivery of my car in May of 2022 and have driven it just over 11,000 miles since then on a mix of freeways and back roads. With the exception of the weird failure of the mobile charger (reported on this forum) the car has been perfect. I love the car. I look forward to driving it each and every time. The car has great presence. Dynamically it is amazing. It is a perfect freeway cruiser, quiet and comfortable, but turn onto one of the twisty roads the CA central coast is full of and it somehow shrinks and turns into a nimble sports car (my car has rear wheel steering). On my favorite back roads it gives away very little to the 911. Only in very tight downhill turns do you start to feel the weight, but this is just an observation, not a limitation. The car is an absolute blast to drive fast on a winding road. To anyone contemplating a Taycan purchase, you should proceed. I think you will be amazed.

Mark

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Just turned 40k km today… if i remember correct, I paid around 400€ for service costs at 30k km (a year ago).
About a month ago, they replaced complete internal charging unit….after several months of investigations, but i was able to drive (and charge up to 6 kw per hour only) for a couple of months 😳

anyway: love the car, i’ll keep it for at least another three years for sure.
Sponsored