NEW 2025 Audi RS e-Tron GT First Drive: Better Than A Taycan?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The J1 did not get he PDCC Taycan option which it needs. I'm shocked the J1 II gets the PAR. It means Taycan & the E-tron GT are only software tuned differently at this point

I want the Performance which should be a Turbo S, software tune it to 1000hp full time

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I personally loved the part when Rory asked him to make it steer like the Taycan 😀
Its far superior to the Eton GT, but that's probably the only element different at this time.
Esthetics aside

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I didn’t learn much at all from this video. When was this made? Wierd that everything is so secret now that the Taycan refresh is out.

The main thing that was interesting was that there was the draping over the instrument clusters to keep them secret. Although it seems unlikely that Taycan and e-tron GT are going to diverge, does it mean the Audi gets an updated infotainment center, IC and HUD like the Macan EV?

So let me ask people who might know: what is the difference between Taycan and e-tron GT anyway? Is the interior arrangement and seating position the same? The Audi configurator I looked at is really simple, can’t even choose any driver aids, performance options (other than 21’s with CCBs) or charging options. It’s either bundled in the RS or not the base.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t learn much at all from this video. When was this made? Wierd that everything is so secret now that the Taycan refresh is out.

The main thing that was interesting was that there was the draping over the instrument clusters to keep them secret. Although it seems unlikely that Taycan and e-tron GT are going to diverge, does it mean the Audi gets an updated infotainment center, IC and HUD like the Macan EV?

So let me ask people who might know: what is the difference between Taycan and e-tron GT anyway? Is the interior arrangement and seating position the same? The Audi configurator I looked at is really simple, can’t even choose any driver aids, performance options (other than 21’s with CCBs) or charging options. It’s either bundled in the RS or not the base.
Porsche will be priority over Audi so their sales will be before the the Audi. Much higher margins for VAG

Its the same car with different skin, analog HVAC, Tayan has better steering ( i believe its software), Audi has a softer ride (software), a little less HP (software) , Taycan more data for performance, like battery temp.
With Audi you don't have to worry about all the options that Porsche abuses you with. You can bet the PAR will be standard on The RS E-tron GT ($7100 option) and rear steer standard.

Last edited:

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
Why is AutoTrader guy pretending not to know how much more horsepower this car has. It is based on what Porsche sold to Audi. It is going to have the same HP as Turbo S so a lot more than 100 more.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why is AutoTrader guy pretending not to know how much more horsepower this car has. It is based on what Porsche sold to Audi. It is going to have the same HP as Turbo S so a lot more than 100 more.
This one will be the same HP as the Turbo
Turbo S will be the Performance variant which is new to the line up

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
Probably because Audi will be ruining the interior with more capacitive touch buttons - Like they did with the steering wheel. I like that the reviewer commented on those in the video.

For me the main thing that drew me towards the Taycan was the interior and the ST option. Seems that will be the same for the new model.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PAR suspension on E-Tron GT is tuned for comfort only, while it's tuned for comfort and a sportier ride in Taycan

Last edited:

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag

Do you live in the US? because you can get pretty much all the same performance features as the Taycan in the non RS GT. They offer the performance package which has the e torque vectoring and power steering+ with rear axle steering, laser lights, along with some other cosmetic updates ie black optics, carbon fiber Etc.
Prestige package gives you adaptive cruise assist and lane guidance, HUD, 360 camera, dual pane acoustic glass, upgraded sound system, etc

there’s also other packages that focus on more cosmetic and comfort features eg full leather w massage Etc.

not sure which configurator you looked at but it’s all there.
Sponsored