Porsche should stay out of electric game!

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
It's interesting the similarity of forum posts for my last 3 cars(Jaguar F-Pace, Audi eTron, and now CT4) that were all purchased early on in the life of the models.

There was/is a small percentage of posts from owners that experienced a fair amount of problems and were totally unhappy with their car. Then there were those that experienced some problems but were still overall happy with their car. Finally, there were those that had not experienced any issues and were really happy with their car.

The biggest issue for all three cars was/is software especially related to the PCM/MMI/Media Center. Eventually, Jaguar and Audi worked out the majority of the bugs with software updates(not OTA). If you search around the internet it seems the biggest complaints for other newer models (Ford Mach E, Volkswagen ID4) are also software media center related.

Other major issues were vehicles dying, quirky electrical issues, service campaigns(electrical and mechanical), rattles, squeaks, and other general small issues.

Even the replies from the Manufacturer are consistently vague and slow to come. Interaction with Dealerships and service advisors are also similar with some good and some not so good.

Unfortunately, sometimes it turns out to be luck of the draw and some people end up with the short straw when it comes to vehicle quality. As they say the grass is not always greener on the other side. You can swear off the brand you are currently with but it doesn't mean when you move to another Manufacturer its going to be any different. Odds are your luck will be better and you won't experience the same problems but it doesn't mean that Jaguar, Audi, or Porsche should get out of the electric or ICE car making business because you were one of the unlucky people who purchased one of the problem cars.

Its just funny how the experience and posts on the three forums has been so similar and I am sure there are many of you that have bought other cars early in their model life that also have similar experiences on forums. I have been one of those lucky owners(knock on wood) that didn't experience major issues with any of the three cars.

So bottom line I feel for those who spend a lot of money on a car just to experience frustration with continued problems but its not unique to Porsche and it likely won't be unique to all those Manufacturers that will be introducing new EV models over the next several years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Owned since 10/2020 and no issues as of yet. It's the same with every. single. manufacturer. A certain percentage of cars that are mass produced will experience issues. The E92 M3 community is the same way with the rod bearing issue. Everyone comes in there saying "BMW is horrible, how can they make a car with rod bearing failures like this?" without seeing bothering to mention that the failure issue was below 1% of the cars sold.

Lemon laws and warranties exist for a reason.

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Elon, is that you again? Welcome to the forum and great first message as always!
This is such a great comment and I genuinely laughed out loud. I’d think with all the issues he’s having he might be more active in the forum. One and done I guess.

Deleted member 6348

The company that gave us the butterfly switch keyboard has no business making cars. Heck, Apple can’t even pull of a rugged/reliable laptop hinge.

Wake me up when Tesla supports CarPlay and Android Auto. If you’re not going to bother to support standards, a car infotainment system is a much simpler thing.

I’m not going to even go there on the topic of Tesla reliability. It’s simply unacceptable. Stuff breaks on Tesla cars that every legacy automaker solved decades ago.

While I appreciate the OP’s frustration, the solution is to pursue a resolution through the dealer and PCNA. Porsche stands behind their products and likes to keep their customers for a long time.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is such a great comment and I genuinely laughed out loud. I’d think with all the issues he’s having he might be more active in the forum. One and done I guess.
It’s a funny comment, but not a great one. If my Porsche were a brick I might vent here but not hang on every bon mot. He deserves our compassion.

Still, the original poster’s experience is an aberration. Porsche’s got game.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I’m not going to even go there on the topic of Tesla reliability. It’s simply unacceptable. Stuff breaks on Tesla cars that every legacy automaker solved decades ago.

While I appreciate the OP’s frustration, the solution is to pursue a resolution through the dealer and PCNA. Porsche stands behind their products and likes to keep their customers for a long time.
+2 ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
He deserves our compassion.
To some extent. But the title is ridiculous and absolutely deserves to be roasted.

The single post is slightly suspect, but in their defense, I mostly just stalk the RL 992 forum and don’t really post, so I can understand that as well.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Taycan is great to drive, i’m still driving with smile on my face all the time.

but software sucks.
period.
it’s not reliable and one never knows what comes next.
period.

but i’d buy (taycan) again, in a heartbeat.
period.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I believe this topic has been sufficiently examined, but I keep getting new posts and cannot seem to get off this merry go-round. I am an investor in Porsche in addition to an owner. I'm ready to see them move past all this!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Innovation is hard and not perfect.. that is how things work. I LOVE our Taycan wagon so much and havent had any major issues that id want Porsche to throw the whole thing out. Porsche also developed a lot of the tech through the 919 and its decades of engineering and racing. This thread is short sighted and doesnt help us move forward. Giving up is not a winning strategy - maybe they just want Porsche to go out of business and stop giving us the opportunity to experience amazing machines that we are spoiled with? not sure. We are on Porsche #3 and no horror stories.

Meh.

phil.

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
It’s a funny comment, but not a great one. If my Porsche were a brick I might vent here but not hang on every bon mot. He deserves our compassion.

Still, the original poster’s experience is an aberration. Porsche’s got game.
To each their own. He hasn’t posted on any thread in this forum trying to troubleshoot etc.

The comment is hilarious.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Owned since 10/2020 and no issues as of yet. It's the same with every. single. manufacturer. A certain percentage of cars that are mass produced will experience issues. The E92 M3 community is the same way with the rod bearing issue. Everyone comes in there saying "BMW is horrible, how can they make a car with rod bearing failures like this?" without seeing bothering to mention that the failure issue was below 1% of the cars sold.

Lemon laws and warranties exist for a reason.
Correct, besides T, that is on another level. TÜV German published data including EVs for 2021. Following Dacia, MS was the worst car after 3 years. ;)

OP
OP

Plava Laguna

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan
Country flag
Hey all- thanks for your advice. I spoke to the dealer and he is going to help me ‘lemon it out’ and get a new one.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Elon, is that you again? Welcome to the forum and great first message as always!
Elon is doing just fine. I see 2-3 Teslas at every stoplight, and that's here in oil-centric Texas.

I seriously doubt he needs to shit on Porsche in a Taycan forum to sustain his strong sales.
Sponsored