unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Any update whether you can provide a 2nd ECU with the upgrade rather than having to ship the original in case the car needs to go for service urgently?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Any update whether you can provide a 2nd ECU with the upgrade rather than having to ship the original in case the car needs to go for service urgently?
I am not speaking on behalf of RedShift, but I strongly suspect that if a replacement ECU is possible, it would still require the original to clone it, meaning you will ship the original and get back the original and a tuned one. Unless of course there is a tool out there somewhere which can program them outside of the car with just a VIN as input.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
That should be fine. I think the reason why a lot of people are hesitant to consider it is not having the original ECU at all times in case of any urgent repairs. If it has to be shipped once at the beginning that’s not an issue.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Why would the dealer do that? What would you tell them to not raise any suspicion?

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redshift-performance.com
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
Hi @unbiased
We are almost done with the development of the secondary/clone ECU option. This will allow you to have a secondary ECU with our tune applied while keeping the original ECU untouched. Your original ECU will still have to be sent to us for reading out of the necessary parameters, but as mentioned it will not be programmed and remains stock. Stay tuned for an official update on this in the near future!

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
That should be fine. I think the reason why a lot of people are hesitant to consider it is not having the original ECU at all times in case of any urgent repairs. If it has to be shipped once at the beginning that’s not an issue.
See my last reply above. We still need to have the original ECU once for reading of the vehicle specific parameters. Both ECUs (untouched original & cloned upgraded ECU) will be sent back to the customer.

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
This was answered in post #33 of this thread. Currently you have to buy a new ECU and get it programmed and/or coded at the dealer before it will work.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...performance-packages.19243/page-3#post-296411
Hi @bluesky
Based on the feedback from this forum we are in the process of developing an alternative process which does not rely on getting the secondary ECU programmed at the dealership. Stay tuned for an official update on this in the near future!

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
just curious, is it the same tune as HGB in Germany and there is some kind of licensing agreement? Or entirely different and proprietary to you guys?

Vision

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
Do you have any dyno for the turbo S before and after?. I think that will really help influence people. Would be nice to see under the curve what the power difference is rather than just quoting peak #'s.
Sponsored