Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
just curious, is it the same tune as HGB in Germany and there is some kind of licensing agreement? Or entirely different and proprietary to you guys?
@redshift-performance
I too would like to know whether this tune/ECU mod is the same as offered in Europe by HGP Turbo in Ohmden, Germany.
Thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redshift-performance.com
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
just curious, is it the same tune as HGB in Germany and there is some kind of licensing agreement? Or entirely different and proprietary to you guys?
Hi @unbiased
We are not affiliated with HGP and are a completely separate company but we do work with the same developer team of the tune in Germany.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
Do you have any dyno for the turbo S before and after?. I think that will really help influence people. Would be nice to see under the curve what the power difference is rather than just quoting peak #'s.
no dyno but i have some draggy recordings of before upgrade and will have some done of the after. I just have to find the time at night to match the conditions and location of the two runs.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Are the 0-60, or 0-100 mph times going to be drastically different if the main purpose of this tune is to unlock the over boost that is available under launch control? Meaning, if you use launch control with a stock tune, and achieve a 0-60 mph time of say 3.1 seconds, is that 0-60 time going to improve significantly with this tune?

I have a Taycan ST GTS, so if @redshift-performance can supply specific performance increases for the GTS, that would be super helpful.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Are the 0-60, or 0-100 mph times going to be drastically different if the main purpose of this tune is to unlock the over boost that is available under launch control? Meaning, if you use launch control with a stock tune, and achieve a 0-60 mph time of say 3.1 seconds, is that 0-60 time going to improve significantly with this tune?
The 0-60 mph LC time is a useful background, but it isn’t what people aren’t looking to compare. It’s the NON-LC 0-60 mph time before and after. Another way to look at it is 5-60, since you can’t use LC for that. The point is to unlock the full boost so that is available fulltime without any special LC dance and having to start from a standstill.

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag

I have a Taycan ST GTS, so if @redshift-performance can supply specific performance increases for the GTS, that would be super helpful.
Hi @Polar993
As mentioned previously our tune increases the peak power in overboost over stock AND make that available at all times and not just during launch control. For your Taycan GTS the available peak power will increase from 509hp (590hp in launch control) to over 800+hp all the time.

mikestyle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Turbo + Taycan
Country flag
Thank you Taycan Forum members for the tremendous amount of feedback in this thread and to everyone who reached out directly to discuss the upgrade and next steps! We are excited for what the future holds and we take the feedback in this forum seriously in developing our services for our customers.
Based on some of the suggestions in this thread we are actively developing a second/backup ECU solution to provide the additional piece of mind that some people are asking for. Stay tuned!

Very exciting!

First Name
Crystal_Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
so don't you have any rolling test of each model?
I mean doing rolls before and after to do a comparison?
30 roll to 100
60 roll to 100
90 roll to 120
120 roll to 160
etc
I would like to see what it does to the taycan turbo.
the turbo vs turbo s, I thought there were hardware differences? how come the tune gives the same result?

// Taycan Turbo

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
so don't you have any rolling test of each model?
I mean doing rolls before and after to do a comparison?
30 roll to 100
60 roll to 100
90 roll to 120
120 roll to 160
etc
I would like to see what it does to the taycan turbo.
the turbo vs turbo s, I thought there were hardware differences? how come the tune gives the same result?

// Taycan Turbo
Hi @Crystal_Sweden
As much as I wish it would be the case we don't have a version of every Taycan & e-tron GT model sitting in a garage. We have to rely on customer vehicles to provide us with these measurements and they will be trickling in slowly as we roll out this tune in the US and worldwide. Stay tuned!

First Name
Crystal_Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@redshift-performance
I too would like to know whether this tune/ECU mod is the same as offered in Europe by HGP Turbo in Ohmden, Germany.
Thanks...
Is that not something you simply give out for free to each owner with a specific model and then simply have a day at the strip with everyone and you measure? Who is the company in Germany you work with regarding the software upgrades?

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
@redshift-performance , I realize they may not want to speculate, but do the developers have any estimate based on the J1.I how long after .II models are available to them that they might be able to estimate what, if anything, is possible on the refresh Taycan?

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
@redshift-performance , I realize they may not want to speculate, but do the developers have any estimate based on the J1.I how long after .II models are available to them that they might be able to estimate what, if anything, is possible on the refresh Taycan?
Hi @Bluesk @d00d
As soon as we can get our hands on the .2 facelift control modules our team will get going on the development. We can't give estimates on timing and performance increase yet but we will keep the community posted along the way!