Route Planning on Porsche website

louv

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Have you tested the actual Route Planner in the Taycan? Is that what you refer to as “not yet ready for prime time”? I am aware of that the web based tool is not up to scratch yet, but had hoped the car would accurately show the route and suggested charging stations?

Any feed back appreciated .
I've been using the Route Planner in the iOS Connect App. That is the "not yet ready for prime time".

I haven't tried asking the car's navigation to take me to California. Yet. Maybe later today. It's below freezing outside, so I don't spend much time sitting in the car unless driving (except when charging it).

As for the "Porsche Intelligent Range Manager" option, the Connect Store says it is not available for my vehicle. No idea why... there's an open Support ticket escalating that issue to Germany. It's been about a week... I suspect there is a Software Update coming, and the feature requires that.

louv

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Also, whatever route planner I use, I need to be able to edit out certain types of stations: Like Nissan car dealerships. Or Harley Davidson Lifestyle Stores. I just can't imagine those places being too welcoming of a Porsche rolling up and using their electrons. My local BMW dealership purposely parks ICE cars in their charger spot to block random people from charging their cars.

Cpoarchy

Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s on order
IMG_6720.PNG
Try plug share, didn't go in detail, but might work, more places than i thought

Cpoarchy

Reaction score
Vehicles
On second
IMG_6720.PNG
Try plug share, didn't go in detail, but might work, more places than i thought
I did this, we will see if it helps, I went on electrify America instagram and asked for a charger to be put in my area, they said they would pass it up the chain, you never know, I will keep watch. I am hoping by the time I get mine, it will be up.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
On second

I did this, we will see if it helps, I went on electrify America instagram and asked for a charger to be put in my area, they said they would pass it up the chain, you never know, I will keep watch. I am hoping by the time I get mine, it will be up.
The PlugShare map, does have a lot of charging stations illustrated, but many of them are tesla only, and many of them are 7 kW or even wall plugs, there are a few 50 KW stations in places like KOA Campground trailer spots. As for the maps/charts that show routes through the mountains of Colorado and or Utah and illustrate them in red indicating that you have to travel at a lower speed to make the span, I don’t think it would be wise to try to make 235 miles on the highway, even at reduced speed in the Taycan with no A/C on 100° day in Utah, only to be stranded in the middle of nowhere 20 miles from your destination, even though the chart says you should have 5% power left. I think the anxiety of doing this would override the pleasure of the trip to such an extent but I’ll let some other people try it first. Electrify America needs to build a real charging station in Green River Utah to solve this entire problem. (May be right next-door to the Tesla supercharger’s)

Cpoarchy

Reaction score
Vehicles
The PlugShare map, does have a lot of charging stations illustrated, but many of them are tesla only, and many of them are 7 kW or even wall plugs, there are a few 50 KW stations in places like KOA Campground trailer spots. As for the maps/charts that show routes through the mountains of Colorado and or Utah and illustrate them in red indicating that you have to travel at a lower speed to make the span, I don’t think it would be wise to try to make 235 miles on the highway, even at reduced speed in the Taycan with no A/C on 100° day in Utah, only to be stranded in the middle of nowhere 20 miles from your destination, even though the chart says you should have 5% power left. I think the anxiety of doing this would override the pleasure of the trip to such an extent but I’ll let some other people try it first. Electrify America needs to build a real charging station in Green River Utah to solve this entire problem. (May be right next-door to the Tesla supercharger’s)
Oops, yeah I see that now, hopefully they will.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
This is good to know, now they need to test the Taycans
I am still holding out hope for the 4s range, I really think it will be close to 300 miles in range mode. Might wrong, but I can hope..

https://insideevs.com/news/392789/evs-driven-until-battery-dead/
If you’ve ever driven through Colorado and Utah you would understand that The roads are as beautiful as they are challenging, there are several 4 to 5000 foot elevation climbs and descents, and the scenery vacillates from looking like you’re on the moon to looking like you’re in an old Western movie, with literally nothing as far as the eye can see in all directions except rocks and hills and forests and desert. You don’t wanna be stuck there, and even driving at 65 in Eco mode all the way (which kind of takes most of the fun out of the drive ) I wouldn’t trust it.