Taycan not Connecting to Internet

Akhilstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
Hi,

Since December my 2022 Taycan has not conected to the internet. My iphone app will not refresh the mileage data etc, I cannot access the weather app etc.

Porsche took the car in twice. First time just had a look. Second time they replaced the OTA module. I am still having the same problem and the dealer said they will take the car back to do a hard reset. I have attached a photo - am I correct in thinking that this double arrow sign with the cross past it means no data signal?

Thanks
Akhil

Porsche Taycan Taycan not Connecting to Internet thumbnail_image0
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Since December my 2022 Taycan has not conected to the internet. My iphone app will not refresh the mileage data etc, I cannot access the weather app etc.

Porsche took the car in twice. First time just had a look. Second time they replaced the OTA module. I am still having the same problem and the dealer said they will take the car back to do a hard reset. I have attached a photo - am I correct in thinking that this double arrow sign with the cross past it means no data signal?

Thanks
Akhil

thumbnail_image0.jpg
Try the 12v battery disconnect (or pull the fuse for PCM) - this we perform the hard reset. Odd that the dealer handed the car back this way.

You could also do a reset and remove your Porsche ID etc and then start over but this won't address a hardware related issue if this is still the root cause.

OP
OP

Akhilstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
Try the 12v battery disconnect (or pull the fuse for PCM) - this we perform the hard reset. Odd that the dealer handed the car back this way.

You could also do a reset and remove your Porsche ID etc and then start over but this won't address a hardware related issue if this is still the root cause.
thanks for the reply. This is what the dealer emailed me when I asked them to check what the technician did.

We replaced the Over the Air CU and checked the communication with the car. Which was ok from a PC. If the customer is still having issues from a mobile device, then he could try deleting his app and reinstalling. Otherwise as we believe the issue is not with he car he could contact the Customer interaction centre on +44 3457 911 911, [email protected]

They said they will pick the car up in 3 weeks to take back to the dealership to do a hard reset as that’s the next step - is that the same thing as the 12v disconnect?

Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thanks for the reply. This is what the dealer emailed me when I asked them to check what the technician did.

We replaced the Over the Air CU and checked the communication with the car. Which was ok from a PC. If the customer is still having issues from a mobile device, then he could try deleting his app and reinstalling. Otherwise as we believe the issue is not with he car he could contact the Customer interaction centre on +44 3457 911 911, [email protected]

They said they will pick the car up in 3 weeks to take back to the dealership to do a hard reset as that’s the next step - is that the same thing as the 12v disconnect?

Thanks
I would try a couple of things first. Such as the fuse or 12v. Only worth doing if your car is in a good cell location.

Random thought - try your other key fob and with a secondary Porsche ID or combination of your IDs. Lock the car first with original and then unlock with the alternate (keep the other key out of range from the car to avoid confusion).

Do you have an active Porsche Connect Serviced contract?

Also tempted to delete your Porsche ID from the PCM and start over - currently logged in as guest due to the issue you have.

OP
OP

Akhilstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
I would try a couple of things first. Such as the fuse or 12v. Only worth doing if your car is in a good cell location.

Random thought - try your other key fob and with a secondary Porsche ID or combination of your IDs. Lock the car first with original and then unlock with the alternate (keep the other key out of range from the car to avoid confusion).

Also tempted to delete your Porsche ID from the PCM and start over - currently logged in as guest due to the issue you have.
Thanks so much for your advice. I did the 12V battery disconnect. The LTE sign has come back. However when I click to sign into my account it just says ‘account name’ No space for a password or anything so that I can login to my Porsche account so that it links to my phone? Is that normal? See photo

Porsche Taycan Taycan not Connecting to Internet IMG_0541

OP
OP

Akhilstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag

Scrap that. Have it some time and it eventually let me login. Thanks so much I’ve had this problem since December. Not sure why Porsche didn’t just tell me to do that. Thanks again

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag

Thanks
OP
I had this outage too and in the US. I thought it was Bay Area connectivity issue, but apperently not. My car fixed itself after two weeks of no connectivity. I did call Porsche Support and they told me to talk to the dealer. See more here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/spotify-login-issue.19587/post-302211
Sponsored