Steve-M

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S (2024 MY)
Country flag
As familiarity is comfortable and many of them can't afford one, or don't like being forced into change etc - they have come to the conclusion that they dislike EVs.
I am sure many people CAN afford one now due to the rapid depreciation! 😂
Sponsored

knightusa

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2024
Country flag

knightusa

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2024
Country flag
That’s true about the EQS my husband has one and wanted to trade in after only 2 years. They told him it was worth only a fraction of what he bought it for. Virtually no value at all left in a 2 year old car !!
What is happening with EV cars becoming worthless is not a fabricated story by anti EV people but UNFORTUNATELY VERY TRUE !!!!

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
What is happening with EV cars becoming worthless is not a fabricated story by anti EV people but UNFORTUNATELY VERY TRUE !!!!
Taycan, for that matter is still holding its value fairly well. Its the Turbos and highly optioned Taycans that we hear about losing 40-50% in couple years time which is not unusual as even ICE cars selling at the price point lose significantly. Taycan RWD still seem to hold its value well. I say that as I have been looking to buy one but haven't received any compelling offers from dealers for a RWD though MY25 are starting to arrive at dealerships.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
With apologies to Coach Mora --

"Depreciations! Don't talk about depreciation! You kiddin' me? Depreciation? I just hope I'll be able to sell this damn car!" :cool:

Best car I've ever owned BTW...

Last edited:

Brombaer1971

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and several other cars
Country flag
Turbo, ex Porsche, less than 2 years old, 13tmls, 50%. Happy me as 2nd owner.

But to be fair this is standard highend Automotive, nothing special.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Turbo, ex Porsche, less than 2 years old, 13tmls, 50%. Happy me as 2nd owner.

But to be fair this is standard highend Automotive, nothing special.
That is fairly standard. The reason people are complaining is due to the fact that Taycan was released just before the COVID19 pandemic, during which cars had an incredible price bubble (used cars were inflated by over 40%, even some used cars sold over MSRP) resulting in some Taycans actually being appreciating assets (some bought a new Taycan, drive it for a year, trade it in for more than what you paid for it), while the rest had almost negligible depreciation. Of course finding new Taycans at MSRP was near impossible (I waited 20 months from first deposit to delivery, would have had to wait even longer if I hadn't expanded my search nationwide). All this set expectations of Taycan owners (especially those lucky few who managed to buy them just before pandemic at some discount), which are now facing a hash reality check, further exacerbated by the fact that there is an oversupply of cars on the market today (high interest rates, production back to full capacity after the pandemic, etc).

Welcome to normalcy folks! The pandemic was a unique situation causing huge supply chain issues. Barring another pandemic, World War 3, or similar events, these kind of prices are not coming back. You wouldn't want them to either. Besides all those scenarios being disasters, you must also remember that while yes, a year old Taycan sold over MSRP, there was no new Taycans to be had, the few existing ones sold for as much as $50K over sticker. So there were very few people who actually got a car at or below MSRP, then sold it a year or two later for same or more. Depreciation numbers should be calculated from MSRP+ADM to trade-in used value, not MSRP to trade-in used value.

Last edited:

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
[....] Depreciation numbers should be calculated from MSRP+ADM to trade-in value, not MSRP to trade-in value.
And also like-to-like, not mixing up retail vs wholesale, since much of what people complain about for "depreciation" is just the high used four-door Porsche retail:wholesale differential.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
And also like-to-like, not mixing up retail vs wholesale, since much of what people complain about for "depreciation" is just the high used four-door Porsche retail:wholesale differential.
Corrected in the original post.