Charger Recall Campaign - How to apply for your voucher/check

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
There is also a thread here about what EVSE people purchased and when they received their check, if people would please share their experiences.
Sponsored

RPSRPS

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 TAYCAN GTS / '22 F150 HYBRID / '19 RANGER
Country flag
R
Apologies if this has already been posted, but didn't see it - thought I'd save someone the time it takes to call Porsche and obtain.

To apply for the (up to $600) credit

Email: [email protected]

With the following info:

• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
• Proof of Ownership (e.g., an image of the sales contract, registration, or title)
• Proof of purchase of 3rd party mobile charger
• Mailing address
• Preference for a check or service voucher

Results in an automated response:

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America. Your claim will be handled in the order it was received. Please anticipate receiving a check by mail within approximately 4 weeks or a service voucher in approximately 3 business days via email, dependent on your chosen option. If you haven't already provided the necessary information below, kindly resend it to avoid any delays in processing your reimbursement claim. "

Cheers! (bought the Chargepoint Flex via Amazon)
Received my service voucher in 4 days

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
---

I didn't receive a recall notice either? I assume all 240V units should be replaced?

---
Porsche's EV chargers (PMC+/PMCC) (technically known as an EVSE) are modular/detachable - there are 3 "main" parts
  1. the power supply cord going from an outlet into 'the unit' - about 18" long
  2. the unit itself - the EVSE - it's the 'brick' that does all the work
  3. the vehicle charging cable from 'the unit' to the vehicle - 15' to 25' long
Porsche is choosing to replace item #1 with a "more robust" cable to avoid some acknowledged thermal issues during normal operation that have been present in north america and plagued the PMC+/PMCC's reputation - but the replacement power supply cable is not yet available and ETA best case is "summer"- which is awkward given that you can't charge your Taycan with out this item - given that Porsche no longer recommends using the units in their current state (their words not mine) they are offering reimbursement if you choose to replace the unit with a non-Porsche EVSE they will reimburse you for upto $600 for your replacement EVSE from a non-Porsche vendor.

the recall notices are rolling out as we speak - as to why/how you have not received a written notice that's between you, PCNA, and your dealer - no one on this forum can answer that specific question.

this problem is neither new, or surprising for those that have been paying attention…there is a long history here and if you suffer from insomnia and would like to fix that - i suggest reading this thread and all it's related links…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

in my opinion for all the things Porsche does really really well, their North American EVSE game is weak and disappointing by normal Porsche standards.

Last edited:

PhilAZandON

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche's EV chargers (PMC+/PMCC) (technically known as an EVSE) are modular/detachable - there are 3 "main" parts
  1. the power supply cord going from an outlet into 'the unit' - about 18" long
  2. the unit itself - the EVSE - it's the 'brick' that does all the work
  3. the vehicle charging cable from 'the unit' to the vehicle - 15' to 25' long
Porsche is choosing to replace item #1 with a "more robust" cable to avoid some acknowledged thermal issues during normal operation that have been present in north america and plagued the PMC+/PMCC's reputation - but the replacement power supply cable is not yet available and ETA best case is "summer"- which is awkward given that you can't charge your Taycan with out this item - given that Porsche no longer recommends using the units in their current state (their words not mine) they are offering reimbursement if you choose to replace the unit with a non-Porsche EVSE they will reimburse you for upto $600 for your replacement EVSE from a non-Porsche vendor.

the recall notices are rolling out as we speak - as to why/how you have not received a written notice that's between you, PCNA, and your dealer - no one on this forum can answer that specific question.

this problem is neither new, or surprising for those that have been paying attention…there is a long history here and if you suffer from insomnia and would like to fix that - i suggest reading this thread and all it's related links…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

in my opinion for all the things Porsche does really really well, their North American EVSE game is weak and disappointing by normal Porsche standards.

~~~

Thanks kindly! Very helpful...

🙏

~~~

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was also told by my dealer that I qualified for an additional $500 voucher for the inconvenience of the equipment recall. I still have not received that $500 voucher!
Yeah, I find this whole thing confusing.

1) My dealer said that I'd be reimbursed for up to $750 for a charger. Bought one for $650... no idea what the status of getting that back is...

2) They also mentioned, I'd get $500 for the inconvenience... haven't heard anything on that either

3) They also said that we'd get the 220 plug for our portable chargers in the near future, but no idea on where that stands either although I don't care too much on this one as I don't really have a use for it

DuffNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Submitted over a week ago and didn't even get a confirmation email like yours. Did everyone get at least an auto response?
I got a similar auto-response soon after submitting mine for the Tesla universal charger

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Yeah, I find this whole thing confusing.

1) My dealer said that I'd be reimbursed for up to $750 for a charger. Bought one for $650... no idea what the status of getting that back is...

2) They also mentioned, I'd get $500 for the inconvenience... haven't heard anything on that either

3) They also said that we'd get the 220 plug for our portable chargers in the near future, but no idea on where that stands either although I don't care too much on this one as I don't really have a use for it
Porsche’s response on this issue has been pretty piss poor in my opinion! Not a good way to establish a relationship with a new or return customer after they spent a $100k+ on a new car that they can’t charge without having to buy new equipment! 🤬

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche’s response on this issue has been pretty piss poor in my opinion! Not a good way to establish a relationship with a new or return customer after they spent a $100k+ on a new car that they can’t charge without having to buy new equipment! 🤬
Some customers are hard to please and sometimes the 80/20 rule just works. I didn’t buy a Porsche for its EVSE, did you? I can understand if your HV battery is failing but c’mon it’s just a 19” cable and they’re replacing it. Getting the $600 check would the icing if it really does come but not going to break me if it doesn’t.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Some customers are hard to please and sometimes the 80/20 rule just works. I didn’t buy a Porsche for its EVSE, did you? I can understand if your HV battery is failing but c’mon it’s just a 19” cable and they’re replacing it. Getting the $600 check would the icing if it really does come but not going to break me if it doesn’t.
I’m not sweating it, but I still feel justified to be disappointed in how they are handling it.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the PWCC and have never used the mobile charger that came with the car. I'm just going to wait for the replacement cable, mostly so the updated mobile charger is with the car should I decide to sell it at some point.

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It’s about expectations, while no one here bought the car for the EVSE the car came with one and people expected it to work. It does have a weird feeling to pick up your shiny new toy only to find you can’t charge it when you get home. So you’re then rushing to research and buy another charger. You could always use a public charger in a pinch, but that’s yet another inconvenience - these are all unwanted events that I think people reasonably feel they shouldn’t have to deal with.

$600 isn’t going to break anyone who’s buying these - bringing that up seems unnecessary. ;)

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the PWCC and have never used the mobile charger that came with the car. I'm just going to wait for the replacement cable, mostly so the updated mobile charger is with the car should I decide to sell it at some point.
I have installed mine and used it maybe twice but I almost exclusively DC charge mine until the last 6 months or so since they’re either are down or just jammed packed. These days I charge with the Tesla wall charger that is hardwired, which is much safer.
Sponsored