Leaving Hood Unlocked While on Vacation

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Can't reconcile what we do not know. What was the initial SOC when it was left for 3 weeks? Are there any parasitic camera's or other non OEM options installed that draw from the 12V continuously?
I can't count how many times I left my MY21 for 3,4,6 weeks without issue. Something is drawing current, unless the 12V is not holding a charge. It is one or the other. If the battery is good, then something is draining it.
I did exactly this as I was away for two weeks. Last time was gone 4 weeks and came back to a bricked car. Now I leave the hood popped and purchased a charger. Much better than calling for a flatbed to Porsche.
What you're saying makes sense FlyingPoint, logical, and you don't have issues over long periods of no use - great! But many of these user experiences shared are bricked cars during periods of no use. My conclusion is overall the design is just not effective with the high voltage battery pack keeping the 12V battery charged when not used for long periods. And we know the mitigation, use a battery tender.
Sponsored

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2024 -4S , GT3
Country flag
Another couple of thoughts,
  1. Disable remote access (use the PCM prior to exiting)
  2. Put the car to sleep with the FOB (click close 2X)
  3. Place the FOBs in a Faraday case

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Currently out of the country for 6 months and and I'm just over 2 months in. The car is fine, weeks are nothing to be concerned about. I plan on finally putting this question to rest with a post in November with the status of my car. From my research, a battery tender is not needed.

Last edited:

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Good suggestions, thanks for these!

Currently out of the country for 6 months and and I'm just over 2 months in. The car is fine, weeks are nothing to be concerned about. I plan on finally putting this question to rest with a post in November with the status of my car. From my reseat, a battery tender is not needed.
Amazing! A winner here, good to hear!

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Also, pressing lock and unlock buttons together after #2 will stop the fob from transmitting until you press the unlock button again.
Sponsored