C130

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Hybrid, 24 Taycan
Country flag
So, does this prevent the Taycan from having the beeping noise when in reverse or is that a completely different system? My F-150 hybrid beeps when I’m in reverse and it’s pretty loud and annoying. I’ve noticed the Taycan doesn’t make any noise in reverse, at least that I’ve heard.
Sponsored

TJH13

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
While it feels a bit silly to have "fake" engine noise, its chief function isn't to entertain the occupants. The sound can be heard outside the car and serves to warn pedestrians glued to their smartphones (perhaps reading TaycanForum) that there is a car approaching and that they may want to stop ambling down the middle of the parking aisle, oblivious to the driver trying to get by and park.
That is a different thing altogether. Pedestrian warning is mandatory in the US for EVs, under 20 mph, it's not a $500 option. This is an option to make noise like an ICE during all driving.

Reactions: RMB
OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
LOL, please don’t install this. It’s embarrassing. For me this is like a Ford Ka with a fake Akrapovic exhaust

I don't think it's embarrassing to be honest. I installed this device for one reason and it's that I really can't stand my car sounding like a golf cart.

I grew up with the original Porsche Sound and used to drive a 911 back in the days but I understand that world changes and EVs are the future. But what I'm not willing to give up is the sound. I believe its human heritage to keep this alive. That's just my opinion... 😄

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Not my taste, but I'm sure someone out there would pay something for it. Some people just love to make noise. Probably the same people who as kids put playing cards in their wheel spokes.

PS> For people who love noise, why not blast it inside the car, via driver's side headrest-mounted speakers, instead of imposing it onto others? With headphones, you could blast your ears off while your passengers can enjoy the silence.

I guess you are more an EV fan than an Porsche fan, but I get it... I grew up around real cars and I just can't stand my car sounding like a golf cart. But still the Taycan is a masterpiece of engineering and I wouldn't change it for anything except the sound... And assume the idea with the headphones was a joke 😅.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hmm…$500 to make noise on a vehicle designed to be quiet? You do the math, but not for me!

This is not the factory porsche sound. This is an after market speaker we added to the car to reproduce the porsche 911 sound. The sound in the video is from a dodge challenger which is why it does not seem to fit perfectly...

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
In my view that Taycan didnt sound bad. It’s the principle of an artificial sound that I object to. If there was an electrical sound that was the bi-product of high HP that was pleasing to the ear, I would be open to it.…just like an ICE car with a v8.

Yes that is exactly what I'm working on. I dislike the EV Sound of the Taycan as it reminds to much of a Golf Cart. It does not make me truely feel the power of the car like with an ICE engine.

We designed multiple different sound options. Some simulating the ICE engines others are specific EV sounds that sound truely unique and actually give you a feeling when accelerating.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Perhaps Ben would tell us what he thinks, and also what it is.
I use sport sound at night because of moose, but also enjoy it when I'm in sport plus mode with it's downshift blips.
Mine shifts into second at 80 MPH though, would prefer it to be lower.

I love it! The system is from a German company called Maxhaust they specifically design an exhaust speaker system for car owners to customize their sound.

What I believe originally started as a way to enhance the sound of already loud noisy ICE cars is now a great solution for EV owners to give their car more character.

I'm not particularly a big fan of imposing as a ICE car but believe me I get great compliments left and right when I turn on the digital exhaust sound. I don't do it for other people I do it for myself.

I grew up with Porsche and the iconic sound brings back memories. I'm not willing to give up this sound and the feeling of power when I accelerate.

The system is quite smart (German Tech) it connects to the ECU and translates all car data accurately into sound. You are free to customize the sound as you like. From Gearshifts to Backfires to I believe 15 different car sounds including specific EV sounds that make my Taycan sound unique.

I hope this answered your question. :D

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
We are not clicking the “Porsche Sound” on this order (but of course not saving that $500 because it freed up money for two other options).

Is the right decision. It totally unnecessary and despite Porsche efforts sounds detached from the car and even is perfect I would never pay for it because after trying a couple of times have turned it off completely.

This is not the Porsche Sound... its an additional system I added

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I did not like the sound in the video the OP posted at all. I do wish I had the ESS that comes factory installed for occasional use as others have mentioned (to warn people in parking lots and also during spirited driving) but I don't want it to sound like an ICE vehicle. It would be cool to have a library of sounds to choose from.

You can Do that with this system.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I have it, rarely if ever have used it, I was so disappointed that the volume was so low.

I agree the factory solution for the sound is not very loud. But this from the video can go as loud as 120 dB. Personally I use it on 45%-50% volume.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
No thanks. I don't yearn for the loud car noise of yesterday's technology. Immediate blistering smooth speed and quiet. Stealth jet.
I have a Jet sound as well. My kids go crazy about it... It sounds like a F1 😂

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
This is not the Porsche Sound... its an additional system I added
When my car is manoeuvring at low speed it does seem that there is a low hum from the front of the car that seems artificial. Is this created to warn pedestrians or is it actually part of the car’s system?

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
That doesn’t sound like the sport sound? I spec’d it on my build but rarely used it. I turned it on today to compare, but it sounds different to me. Is this an aftermarket mod?
Sounds different because it's not the factory sport sound...

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
When my car is manoeuvring at low speed it does seem that there is a low hum from the front of the car that seems artificial. Is this created to warn pedestrians or is it actually part of the car’s system?
It's an artificial sound that all Taycans generate to warn pedestrians of your presence at low speed.
Sponsored