Porsche Taycan with Sound - What Do you Think ? 👍🏽👎🏽

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I looked over the website.

The Bridge is the device that actually interfaces with the car to get the driver inputs to control what the sound mixture and volume. The other parts are obviously the speakers.

I played all the available sounds and looked at what passes as the “composer”. I didn’t like any of the sounds I heard, though the potential is there for more creativity. Also the “environmental” sounds demonstrated that my comment about “crickets” is possible but not yet done.

It’s unclear to me which of the speakers is available or which one is required for use on the Taycan. I presume that whatever the Taycan has for external sport sound is being bypassed. some of these units are substantial in size, and it isn’t described where on the Taycan these speakers could be / must be installed and what the ramifications would be in terms of fitting something on the exterior or somehow finding space behind underbody panels or fascia or in storage compartments.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
There's not much description on the website, does one need to buy both Bridge and Maxhuast Sound?
To install the product into your taycan you need to mount the speaker behind the bumper.
There is an extensive installation Guide that is provided on request.

In order to generate the sound one must get the Bridge, the Sound module and the Speaker. I believe they are only selling them in bundles - here: https://shop.mhtus.com

There is definitely room for creativity and there will be more sounds coming out. Just out of interest if you would had the option to make your taycan sound like anything you want. What would it be?

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I looked over the website.

The Bridge is the device that actually interfaces with the car to get the driver inputs to control what the sound mixture and volume. The other parts are obviously the speakers.

I played all the available sounds and looked at what passes as the “composer”. I didn’t like any of the sounds I heard, though the potential is there for more creativity. Also the “environmental” sounds demonstrated that my comment about “crickets” is possible but not yet done.

It’s unclear to me which of the speakers is available or which one is required for use on the Taycan. I presume that whatever the Taycan has for external sport sound is being bypassed. some of these units are substantial in size, and it isn’t described where on the Taycan these speakers could be / must be installed and what the ramifications would be in terms of fitting something on the exterior or somehow finding space behind underbody panels or fascia or in storage compartments.

You only require the Deep Tone Speaker but with an additional High Tone Speaker you get many more features like reprograming your car to play different audio files for certain actions, like locking and unlocking the car, starting the car, when you left your windows open, when you did not put in your seatbelt, etc...

Also it improves the overall sound quality as it complements the deep tones from the deep tone speaker

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I'd like to be able to independently control the internal and external volume on the optional sport sound, and also be able to select the GTS sound profile.
If you want you can send an email to [email protected] they can explain it you in more detail.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Yesterday I was in the parking lot, with reverse engaged but not moving and watching a man slowly walk behind me with no awareness of my Taycan. I patiently waited but switched on sport sound and he jumped about a foot in the air.

I swear, I didn't do it on purpose but his reaction alone was worth the $500. :D
Ok
So maybe there is some use to this!! Do you US cars emit a low hum during slow manoeuvres to warn pedestrians?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Do you US cars emit a low hum during slow manoeuvres to warn pedestrians?
Yes. The sport sound is a bit louder and growlier than the default sound.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ok, I'm not really one for the extra sounds added to EVs *other than for pedestrian safety* but....
I'd take this mod for my GTS ST 😜
Sponsored