f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
When my car is manoeuvring at low speed it does seem that there is a low hum from the front of the car that seems artificial. Is this created to warn pedestrians or is it actually part of the car’s system?
Yes this is mandatory in many countries, including the UK, to warn pedestrians if driving in a car park or similar.
Sponsored

Lekfx

First Name
Lek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3e, e-surfboard, Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
NO Thank you very much!

I have the standard GTS sound generator (a more “muscular” sound than the regular one) set to be active in ‘normal’ mode because when I start up, annoyingly the car always is in the default ‘normal’ mode, and I’m likely to be in a parking area with pedestrians, so I want to alert them to my presence. I always switch the drive mode to my personalized mode, with no sound added. I also enable it in Sport Plus for passenger delight, and if I want to hear what the motors are doing. Shifting gears, torque load, throttle setting and motor RPM’s are all audible with it. Seems useful for track and sporty-spirited driving. Otherwise, HELL no. ESPECIALLY to show off to people I drive by etc.. NOT classy.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I might want that a couple times a year when a McLaren is next to me. 🙄 Other than that, it just doesn’t seem to fit. Like watching a dubbed foreign film. Just not quite right. I like my Porsche sound, but admit it’s too quiet and need some user adjustable features to make it more interesting. The sound they made is just “meh”.

I 100% agree your car should sound unique

The Kraken

First Name
Gregor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I asked if I could have the sound track from the Benny Hill tv series when I got my Taycan - dealership not amused..;(

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don't think it's embarrassing to be honest. I installed this device for one reason and it's that I really can't stand my car sounding like a golf cart.

I grew up with the original Porsche Sound and used to drive a 911 back in the days but I understand that world changes and EVs are the future. But what I'm not willing to give up is the sound. I believe its human heritage to keep this alive. That's just my opinion... 😄
I am a fan of driving cars, which includes Porsche as I think they make great driving machines. I was never a fan of excessive noise, but I can understand the appeal for some. However, I ever understood the need to inflict the noise on others.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Yesterday I was in the parking lot, with reverse engaged but not moving and watching a man slowly walk behind me with no awareness of my Taycan. I patiently waited but switched on sport sound and he jumped about a foot in the air.

I swear, I didn't do it on purpose but his reaction alone was worth the $500. :D

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Back on topic, the ICE sound generator is not for me but @benjamin.mck, you do you.

I love owner customization.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yes that is exactly what I'm working on. I dislike the EV Sound of the Taycan as it reminds to much of a Golf Cart. It does not make me truely feel the power of the car like with an ICE engine.

We designed multiple different sound options. Some simulating the ICE engines others are specific EV sounds that sound truely unique and actually give you a feeling when accelerating.
I think there is still opportunity here. Keeping my eyes peeled. Thx!

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
We love our sports sound, the kids especially, we drive a lot in built up areas, our only frustration is that it can’t be on as default, we have to actively turn it on each time we get in the car. In actual fact we’d like if it was a little more muscular. I know I know unpopular opinion but we really care, we love it.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Thanks Ben, I have the optional Sport Sound, what is the difference between Bridge and Maxhuast Sound?

Basically, it is an external sound system that is specifically designed to create a realistic engine sound.

The system enables you to customize your sound from volume to the actual sound behavior while driving or standing. Additionally you can choose from 15 different sounds and new sounds are being added every few months.

OP
OP
benjamin.mck

benjamin.mck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
We love our sports sound, the kids especially, we drive a lot in built up areas, our only frustration is that it can’t be on as default, we have to actively turn it on each time we get in the car. In actual fact we’d like if it was a little more muscular. I know I know unpopular opinion but we really care, we love it.

Yeah that's awesome! Who cares if it's unpopular it's your car and your driving experience.

My system works on default and does not have to be activated manually and they also have 3 muscle car sounds. I think you would love it. :D

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yeah that's awesome! Who cares if it's unpopular it's your car and your driving experience.

My system works on default and does not have to be activated manually and they also have 3 muscle car sounds. I think you would love it. :D
where are you? This wasn’t an option we could choose on our car, I’ve asked our local dealer if he can put it on my default and he said it couldn’t be done after he spoke to the Technical guys.