What happens at the end of an FOD trial?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Please advise, at the end of the trial FoD, will I be asked to confirm the order before any payment is taken?

.... or will it default to continue the function at my cost, unless I proactively cancel the order before the end of the trial?

If the latter - who do I contact to preemptively cancel - OPC? ...... Porsche GB? .....or Porsche Finance.?

I suspect my OPC signed up for a trial FoD in my name without consulting me.....

cheers

Background...

My OPC and I were 'surprised', when on delivery my Taycan had comfort access, when I had not specified it or ordered it as an FoD.

I have just noticed that according to My Porsche, I have apparently placed a trial FoD function order, even though I did not...... it gives an order number for something unspecified - just a 'trial period order'.

The Order number does not say what it is for - and I can't interrogate it in My Porsche. I suspect it is for Comfort Access. .....I do not want this function - but I can't do anything about it now - just cancel in 2 months

many thanks
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
This is interesting because my car also came with comfort access activated. It doesn’t seem to be subscribed in the connect store but it works. I didn’t spec it and wouldn’t pay for it although I do use it. It is quite nice not to have to take out the key to lock it or open it. I have had the car for 7 weeks so I don’t know if it is a free trial - more likely I suspect is a software glitch given how well the rest of the software seems to function.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
You can cancel the fod now and it will cancel at the end of the trial period. If you do nothing, you should be charged the monthly rate.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Please advise, at the end of the trial FoD, will I be asked to confirm the order before any payment is taken?

.... or will it default to continue the function at my cost, unless I proactively cancel the order before the end of the trial?

If the latter - who do I contact to preemptively cancel - OPC? ...... Porsche GB? .....or Porsche Finance.?

I suspect my OPC signed up for a trial FoD in my name without consulting me.....

cheers

Background...

My OPC and I were 'surprised', when on delivery my Taycan had comfort access, when I had not specified it or ordered it as an FoD.

I have just noticed that according to My Porsche, I have apparently placed a trial FoD function order, even though I did not...... it gives an order number for something unspecified - just a 'trial period order'.

The Order number does not say what it is for - and I can't interrogate it in My Porsche. I suspect it is for Comfort Access. .....I do not want this function - but I can't do anything about it now - just cancel in 2 months

many thanks
Go to My Porsche website where all your Porsche Connect services are listed, select the service you want to modify.

Nothing to do with Porsche Finance, Garage, others.

Comfort Access is worth having IMHO and would always select.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
This is interesting because my car also came with comfort access activated. It doesn’t seem to be subscribed in the connect store but it works. I didn’t spec it and wouldn’t pay for it although I do use it. It is quite nice not to have to take out the key to lock it or open it. I have had the car for 7 weeks so I don’t know if it is a free trial - more likely I suspect is a software glitch given how well the rest of the software seems to function.
Hope it works out to be a freebie for you Adrian.

FWIW, I only found out about the order (still not sure what the order is for just guessing its for CA) ..... because I opened My Porsche on my laptop - went onto profile settings > Payments and Orders....... its listed there.

It does not appear on my Phone 'My Porsche' that I can find - and the FoD store still lists CA as a candidate service for me - I need to find out what the order number relates to - not sure who to ask - I guess the OPC to start with... but wanted to ask the forum first - in case its for something else

cheers

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Go to My Porsche website where all your Porsche Connect services are listed, select the service you want to modify.

Nothing to do with Porsche Finance, Garage, others.

Comfort Access is worth having IMHO and would always select.
Thanks W1nge - I can't find a list of services on phone or PC - just a list of 'payments and orders' on a page of that title - and that only gives a list of order numbers - the one for my tracker has a downloadable invoice - the two other zero cost. ones are just an order number one has no title or description its £0.00 - and one simply says 'Trial Period Order'

Please can you give me the breadcrumb route to the page please?

Edit - just found that if I go to 'me vehicle' and go down the page is lists configurable services - no mention of comfort access there - just all the freebies - no mention of any FoD services - and another tab showing recommended services that lists comfort access as an option - even though I have it activated.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting… I have never delved that far into the My Porsche website. I too have a trial period order dated from a couple of days before I collected the car. There is also one from last January just before I collected the first car. I have never paid for an extra via this route so I am hoping it just stays activated at no cost. If not I will just have to start using the key again as it isn’t worth £27/month or whatever they want to charge.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am surprised how much I miss CA, we have it on our Prius, standard of course, but it was one of the options I thought was offensively expensive and I decided I could do fine without, which I can, but I do miss it.
Anyway, it is even more offensively priced as FOD so they can poke it :)

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am surprised how much I miss CA, we have it on our Prius, standard of course, but it was one of the options I thought was offensively expensive and I decided I could do fine without, which I can, but I do miss it.
Anyway, it is even more offensively priced as FOD so they can poke it :)
Have you checked to see if you have it? You might do since there are obviously some of us that do. You might have to activate it in the PCM

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hope it works out to be a freebie for you Adrian.

FWIW, I only found out about the order (still not sure what the order is for just guessing its for CA) ..... because I opened My Porsche on my laptop - went onto profile settings > Payments and Orders....... its listed there.

It does not appear on my Phone 'My Porsche' that I can find - and the FoD store still lists CA as a candidate service for me - I need to find out what the order number relates to - not sure who to ask - I guess the OPC to start with... but wanted to ask the forum first - in case its for something else

cheers
I optioned it at build and love it.

The order could be for PVTS (tracker) subscription or for other free services such as Charging at Home, Porsche Charging Service etc.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Have you checked to see if you have it? You might do since there are obviously some of us that do. You might have to activate it in the PCM
No I haven’t, though I didn’t know about activating it in the PCM.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No I haven’t, though I didn’t know about activating it in the PCM.
I am sure I had to check some box in the comfort section under the car menu somewhere. You can select which doors open. It would be worth looking if it is a feature that you would like

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
picked up new Taycan. Feels like it has confirm access. Door handles pop open on approach and rear boot opening with foot swipe works. As I understand it, that is comfort access. However, thing is it was not specced on the car and My Porsche has it was a £1000 option or 3 month trial (which I have not selected)
Sponsored