Studogg22

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Cupholder for the key, but strangely I have this same issue/question with my phone, as I often have to take it out to close my garage door or key in a song on Spotify and don't wish to keep pulling it in/out of my pocket. Speaking of the phone placement, if not in the armrest, the space under the HVAC screen doesn't keep it (slides out on turns), so I either use cupholder or even the side storage by the speaker in the lower front portion of the door. Neither are great spots, but nevertheless, I do wish it had an easier 'home' than inside the armrest.
Sponsored

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
P
Hey guys, I'm new here, I got my new Taycan 2023 this October here in Los Angeles. Amazing car I love it!
I have a very dumb question, where do you guys put the key inside the car, like, do you keep it in your pocket, or do you throw it at the cup holder?
Is there any smart solution that I don't know about?

I love the car and am excited to be part of the community!
Pocket!🤙🏼

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I was keeping it in my pocket but sometimes tells me it doesn't detect the key so I put in the front cupholder.
Thanks everyone!
I forget the details, but I think you need to put the keys in a pocket other than the one you carry other electronic items in (e.g., cell phone, or AirPods). I think there can be interference issues.

Forum Members - Please correct me if this is in error. I couldn’t find the thread I’m thinking of and don’t want to give bad advice.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
This is perfectly right, Stevens. Avoid having the key in the same pocket than other Bluetooth/RF devices.
The key is flat enough and doesn't cause any discomfort in a pant's pocket when I'm sitting with my leg bent.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I don't like the idea of taking the key off my person, especially as it's attached to my house keys. If the dash warns me that it's not detected, I have the hassle of temporarily holding it near the cupholders until the car is satisfied. I also need to take care to not use a pocket from which the key can slide out down the side of the seat when I'm unawares (same with the tracker fob which I always carry separately).

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use this - it’s really small and convenient which can hold my car key, my wallet and my phone

Porsche Taycan Where to put the keys? IMG_1503

Last edited:

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
+1 for pocket, otherwise they rattle

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Key goes in my pocket.

Phone usually in the cubby charger or pocket.

I have some non-slip mat under the hvac panel storage area. Seems to work fine. Cheap on Amazon/eBay etc.

ColinTheBandit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mainly pocket, however sometimes in the cup holder.

What I would like to know is where do you all keep your tracker fob, that is a pain in the arse!

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Need to make sure it’s in your pocket nearest centre of car ( country dependent)

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Mainly pocket, however sometimes in the cup holder.

What I would like to know is where do you all keep your tracker fob, that is a pain in the arse!
You must be keeping the fob in your back pocket if it’s a PITA 😉 I keep mine in my wallet. Really wish you could attach to keyring.

DuffNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm new here, I got my new Taycan 2023 this October here in Los Angeles. Amazing car I love it!
I have a very dumb question, where do you guys put the key inside the car, like, do you keep it in your pocket, or do you throw it at the cup holder?
Is there any smart solution that I don't know about?

I love the car and am excited to be part of the community!
Keep it in my back pack and put that in the backseat… I think I’ve had to reach back for 2-3 times in the last year to bring it closer