Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Your dealer gave you wrong information. the battery cover under the car must be resealed with a new adhesive Porsche recently released . In addition the plastic inside each drain cover must be removed per the service bulletin this is causing the plugs to clog. If the dealer does not completely reseal the battery cover then the problem will continue with water going under drivers seat and read seat. now for some more bad news.there is an additional service bulletin out regarding the AC pressure sensors and (campaign 268TU)and thermal management control system you need dealer to perform or you soon will lose your AC and battery could overheat. In addition 2020 Taycan's need to have the high voltage heater replaced since Porsche announced they are defective and failing after 3 years If the dealer performs a thermal management test it will show the heater etc passing . But in fact both the sensors and heater are defective and should be replaced. You can search this forum for more info re campaigns. You should find another dealer who better understands how to fix the issues
My problem just now is though that I do not feel any water in the foot garage in the rear. It is the front seat passenger floor mat that is soaking wet. I have heard about the reseal of the battery as well and will ask again. But just now I am leaning towards the problem coming from the front and from an elevated position. I have my suspicion on the ventilation air intake and will take out the air filter later to check.

And I hope I am on safe grounds with my heater now since I am on my third heater and the last one is only 3 weeks old! So should be of the new production run, with recall SW also performed. But I have believed in things earlier, so only time will tell.
Sponsored

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well the service bulletin worked wonders. Below a picture of the flow of water after I managed to loosen the drain halfway. This was after about 5 minutes of flow and it kept going. That drain plug was quite full of dirt.

well worth doing , getting done, because there was quite an amount of water in there!

easy to do as well.

IMG_1403.jpeg
I would like to do this as well. How did you get the seal out? Wiggle by hand or a tool? Thanks!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would like to do this as well. How did you get the seal out? Wiggle by hand or a tool? Thanks!
I just used a flat screw driver to carefully release the holder from the car. I used a car jack to just lift the car a bit and then got easy access to see and work on it.

Then I just followed the link that was provided in an earlier post.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10191715-0001.pdf

Good Luck.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
[/https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10191715-0001.pdf
see this service bulletin how to remove the drain seal. My dealer removed it when they repaired my car. For futher info see my post Water under drivers seat. Porsche already stated the drains are defective but they don’t have replacement drains developed at this time. The fix is remove the seal and use Porsche‘s new adhesive to seal battery compartment.
My problem just now is though that I do not feel any water in the foot garage in the rear. It is the front seat passenger floor mat that is soaking wet. I have heard about the reseal of the battery as well and will ask again. But just now I am leaning towards the problem coming from the front and from an elevated position. I have my suspicion on the ventilation air intake and will take out the air filter later to check.

And I hope I am on safe grounds with my heater now since I am on my third heater and the last one is only 3 weeks old! So should be of the new production run, with recall SW also performed. But I have believed in things earlier, so only time will tell.
Water is not coming thru the ventilation air intake or the filter. My dealer did several tests( inundating car with water) and confirmed all the water that enters under driver seat and rear seat well behind driver seat comes in from the drain that is under the driver’s seat in the battery compartment. Older models of Taycan have 2 drains newer ones have 4 but all have issues with the drain seal and compartment adhesive.
I just used a flat screw driver to carefully release the holder from the car. I used a car jack to just lift the car a bit and then got easy access to see and work on it.

Then I just followed the link that was provided in an earlier post.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10191715-0001.pdf

Good Luck.
very smart how you fixed it!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The water is definitely not coming in through the ventilation. All of that is bone dry. So as stated by @Scotty , it comes from the top somewhere. Unbelievable that a 150 k car is not water tight. Very surprised that similar problems occur in Cayenne and Panamera as well.
Sponsored