Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Porsche today announced the updated EPA estimated range figures for the 2023 Taycan! The Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo receives the most improved figure in the lineup, while the GTS sedan and GTS Sport Turismo remain at the same range figures.

See the chart below for new 2023 range figures and % improvement over 2022 models.

Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycans get improved updated EPA estimated range figures đź‘Ť 2023-Porsche-Taycan-1
Sponsored

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
Turbo has better range than 4S PB+? :headbang:

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Turbo has better range than 4S PB+? :headbang:
Yeah, and I don’t really get why GTS goes 11 miles farther than the 4S either. But then again people’s real life ranges often seem to surpass these EPA estimates… Some on this forum have reported ranges in excess of 300 miles or 500 km.

bshawcross

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Do we have any idea if these “software updates” will apply to us ancient 2022 Taycan owners?

bshawcross

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
It's probably the big update that everyone got this summer.
I got my big update (which legit took the dealer a week to do for some reason), but I feel like they would have made a big deal out of getting extra range? They told me it was a safety recall.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got my big update (which legit took the dealer a week to do for some reason), but I feel like they would have made a big deal out of getting extra range? They told me it was a safety recall.
It updated almost every aspect of the car...see other threads on the topic.

Specifically it improved range on AWD models by decoupling the front motor more often.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
I usually get 280 mi from a full charge on my MY2022 GTS. Haven't noticed much difference in range from the 2023 major update. Usually keeping it in normal mode but do not drive with range in mind.

I have noticed a couple of charging errors when charging with Porsche level 2 charger at home which didn't allow us to get to our normal 80% charge.

Dealer says is fine to charge to 100% with every charge however most EV sites recommend only 80% in order to extend battery life. Also is it best to wait until the battery is down to 25% before recharging or can we top it off when it is at, say 50%?
Any opinions would be appreciated.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It updated almost every aspect of the car...see other threads on the topic.

Specifically it improved range on AWD models by decoupling the front motor more often.
Still waiting to realize any supposed improvements though - again may be that an Oct '21 build of a 2022 CT model already had most of these improvements? - and in fact I am statistically still below where I was before I brought it in for the uPdate - live in hope!

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Thank goodness, though the estimates still look off between models. Many of us are seeing better than EPA figures in reality anyhow, even before the recent software updates.

One thing that always bothered me is when looking at news articles and stories, they'll always go with the EPA figures for comparison so the Taycan will naturally look awful in comparison with it's competitors, especially Tesla whose vehicles have generally underperformed EPA estimates significantly.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Awesome. This update nearly offsets my entirely irrational and vain choice of rim/wheel combination!

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Porsche today announced the updated EPA estimated range figures for the 2023 Taycan! The Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo receives the most improved figure in the lineup, while the GTS sedan and GTS Sport Turismo remain at the same range figures.

See the chart below for new 2023 range figures and % improvement over 2022 models.

2023-Porsche-Taycan-1.jpg
I have a 22 RWD with the standard battery and I get 225 miles at 85% charge all day long. When I was first looking at this car I did see these posted numbers and it turned me away but I felt much better after speaking with a few dealers and owners that the range is far better than whats posted.

Thanks for sharing,

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Still waiting to realize any supposed improvements though - again may be that an Oct '21 build of a 2022 CT model already had most of these improvements? - and in fact I am statistically still below where I was before I brought it in for the uPdate - live in hope!
I meant to add a 7% change for the CT 4S is really sort of in the noise i.e. a multitude of other real world impacts like tire choice, wheel size, and all the variables of climate and terrain will effect to at least this amount if not a lot more.

My 4S CT with PB+ and 21" wheels, power charge doors etc was getting ca. 240-250 miles max. winter range (might improve this winter as battery now 'broken in') and 265-290 miles max. range in it's first summer. (Max being Range mode and no AC).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

2023-Porsche-Taycan-1.jpg
Thx - but looks like anomaly central and some unlikely results IMHO and all are on the conservative side given what folk on the forum have experienced.

Good to read though!