Deleted member 6348

The big software update (ANA6) did improve the range of my 4S. It was not readily apparent at first, but it’s a notable improvement.

I am just turning over 24k miles in seven months of ownership. 👍
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Some data pre- and post-uPdate to show where I am (not imagined :)) - hoping a new 'recovery' session ongoing but as I say still below where I was pre-uPdate and driving habits, location etc unchanged either side:

Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycans get improved updated EPA estimated range figures 👍 Range

Last edited:

TaycanRe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q4 50
Country flag
Not surprise at all with these numbers! After 25,000km (15,000 miles), my 2020 Taycan turbo is about 430km (270 miles) range on an average, no Update yet
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycans get improved updated EPA estimated range figures 👍 167328B1-4FAF-49B8-89FD-94700A46613D

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wasn’t expecting it so very happy with 10% range increase after the update. What’s not to like?

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
When the big update was pushed out, Porsche was not going to go and do all new EPA ratings for cars that already were rated. When I bought my 2022 Turbo S three weeks ago it had only 20 miles on the odometer and showed a range of 222 at 100%, although the window sticker showed EPA range of 201. I would bet that the 2023 range is the range for 2022 and probably 2021 with he update. I currently get 250 miles on a full charge and have 1512 miles on it in these three weeks.

T C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hmm. I routinely get higher mileage than the EPA estimates (as in >15% higher even in winter and worst case driving scenarios). Would it make sense to setup a poll to get some quarterly stats on what everyone is averaging ? The WLTP numbers seem far more realistic than the EPA numbers, from a daily driving standpoint IMHO. Thoughts?

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I stopped worrying about maximizing range a few months ago. I drive my 2022 turbo S in sport plus 100% now and really get on it.
It’s such an incredible car and I can’t imagine going back to driving in normal or range ever to try and “feel better” about a range I’ll never use anyway. I guess after 10 years of owning EVs, extensive chargers at work and 2 at home range anxiety is long gone. No point spending 200k plus on a sports car if you aren’t going to drive it like one iMo

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I stopped worrying about maximizing range a few months ago. I drive my 2022 turbo S in sport plus 100% now and really get on it.
It’s such an incredible car and I can’t imagine going back to driving in normal or range ever to try and “feel better” about a range I’ll never use anyway. I guess after 10 years of owning EVs, extensive chargers at work and 2 at home range anxiety is long gone. No point spending 200k plus on a sports car if you aren’t going to drive it like one iMo
That's how I see it. I drive it like a Porsche and revel in the nearly free cost to run :)

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Exactly, Although this will be my first Porsche once it finally arrives I cannot imagine that in the ICE days anyone purchased a Porsche based on the MPG efficiency. If I wanted super efficient I would go for something else (VW and the infamous diesal gate come to mind!), but nope definitely not a concern for me and having driven EV's for some time know I only need a small range to feel comfortable hence went with the smaller battery.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thx - but looks like anomaly central ...
Indeed. Would be nice to see figures for all variants on the same wheel/tyre combos. In the meantime, I shall bask in the glory of showing my other half that my choice of model has won the "most improved" badge.
But it's a bit sad that many of us (myself included) seem to get hung up on the economy numbers when I doubt they'd be given such attention if we were driving equivalently potent ICE vehicles.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m getting just under 200 miles at 85% and 225/230 at 100% mine seems to have dropped from when i got the car from around 285miles at 100%

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m getting just under 200 miles at 85% and 225/230 at 100% mine seems to have dropped from when i got the car from around 285miles at 100%
Any road trips? I've found road tripping drags the mileage guessometer down for quite some time.

I did around 9000 miles of road tripping over the summer which dragged my 85% value from 235 to around 175! I'm almost back, around 210 @ 85% currently after calming down on the trips.

But then I have Porsche Palooza in November which is gonna boost it back up :)

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Any road trips? I've found road tripping drags the mileage guessometer down for quite some time.

I did around 9000 miles of road tripping over the summer which dragged my 85% value from 235 to around 175! I'm almost back, around 210 @ 85% currently after calming down on the trips.

But then I have Porsche Palooza in November which is gonna boost it back up :)
Most of the 2500 miles I’ve done have been big trips on the motorway (freeway) i hardly do any local driving.

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
My Taycan has just received the update to software which mentions improvement to range. In the summer months I achieved 204 miles- as Autumn approached that went down to 194 miles and since the upgrade (at the beginning of this week) I’ve managed 196 miles, which is an improvement hardly worth mentioning! Very disappointing!
I’m not sure about any other improvements.
Sponsored