PotRoast

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Going from a Tesla Model S to either a...

2020 Taycan 4s, PB Plus. moderately loaded, 19k miles
vs
2022 Taycan base. PB Plus, almost fully loaded, 2k miles

2022 is $7k cheaper, but will I FOMO the 4s? Will I notice a major difference? I may need an extended warranty on the 4s.

What do you think?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
drvie both - moving from a Model S I'm going to suggest the base will feel "slow" to you…the 4S is pretty good vs. the base and will have a bit more ommph…

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Wait and find one you really, really want.

Buyers' market everywhere from what I gather on here.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

vs

2022 is $7k cheaper, but will I FOMO the 4s? Will I notice a major difference? I may need an extended warranty on the 4s.

What do you think?
Which Model S? That will determine which Taycan will feel "slow". If moving from Plaid, they will all feel like they are stalling on the highway, unless you exclusively drive in Chill Mode.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
So many deals now since the tables turned toward the buyers. I have never driven a Tesla but drove Base and 4S loaners for many days before making a decision.

I would say, stay a minimum 2022 since this is when a lot of things were figured out and cars are solid of the tech side. For example, 2021 I drove had known alarm going off, key not found, radio would disappear, also not sure when Plug and Charge was added. However, 2022 was solid all around on all fronts. If going 2020-2021, then CPO should be a given for 3 years minimum. They may give you 2 years but buy into 3 years.

Then Base is considered the best handling given only one motor but certainly slow off the line or going up on ramp vs. 4S. However, when you get going to 10mph then Base pulls just as fast, to me, and handles better. Then there are some differences in PB vs. PB+ in terms of weight, charging speed, and performance. PB+ is heavier, charges faster, gives you more HP/TQ but may be a wash given extra weight.

I am not sure what your budget is, but Turbo and GTS trims are going for very deep discounts at very low miles, so do include them in, in case you see a 50% off. A local example, GTS is listed for 28% off retail but I am sure can be had for more like 35% off and only 1,600 miles.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

vs

What do you think?
Share a bit about what you liked about your S and how you plan to use your Taycan. This will improve the quality of the feedback you get here.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
So many deals now since the tables turned toward the buyers. I have never driven a Tesla but drove Base and 4S loaners for many days before making a decision.

I would say, stay a minimum 2022 since this is when a lot of things were figured out and cars are solid of the tech side. For example, 2021 I drove had known alarm going off, key not found, radio would disappear, also not sure when Plug and Charge was added. However, 2022 was solid all around on all fronts. If going 2020-2021, then CPO should be a given for 3 years minimum. They may give you 2 years but buy into 3 years.

Then Base is considered the best handling given only one motor but certainly slow off the line or going up on ramp vs. 4S. However, when you get going to 10mph then Base pulls just as fast, to me, and handles better. Then there are some differences in PB vs. PB+ in terms of weight, charging speed, and performance. PB+ is heavier, charges faster, gives you more HP/TQ but may be a wash given extra weight.

I am not sure what your budget is, but Turbo and GTS trims are going for very deep discounts at very low miles, so do include them in, in case you see a 50% off. A local example, GTS is listed for 28% off retail but I am sure can be had for more like 35% off and only 1,600 miles.
My 22MY 4S was far from sorted! Replacement 23 much more reliable!

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
2021 added plug and charge. My 2021 has been good so far but first owners had to suffer through the recalls and updates. Maybe that's why they sold it. 🧐

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
Where do you live, will this be your only car?
If so, is 4wd a necessity or at least important to have in your region?
Sponsored