OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I may have to return to the selling dealer despite it not being the closest or most convenient dealer, if I do, I'll inquire about paying for time to sit with a tech and a PIWIS programmer to see what options I can enable/disable. Of course they may tell me it isn't their policy/protocol to allow this.
That would be very handy... if a list can be obtained of what 'user features' can be programmed using PIWIS...
Sponsored

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
So, bad news. I sat with the shop's foreman for 90 minutes going through the various modules for the lights checking which allow for changes. Sadly, none allowed the rear strip to be modified. The headlights, while capable of the matrix pattern, are also locked out. He said Porsche updated the PIWIS and restricted things even further from the previous version. The restrictions, he said, started with the death of paul walker and have gotten more pronounced since.

He checked for silencing the truck noise but it wouldn't allow it. He said it might be an option for the EU segment but his PIWIS no longer allows adding EU options to US vehicles like it once did. Even for guys that track the car only and have asked, he can't disable the antilock brakes or airbags.

He didn't come right out and say it but intimated that there are aftermarket versions that will not respect the Porsche EU/US rules and change things. I'm pretty sure Porsche would view that as a modification as ground to void warranties.

It's disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

I might check with an indy shop though I'm reluctant to let them tinker with a car so software dependent.

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
These are the 4 settings you’d need to change for the rear light bar to follow the same behavior as DRL.

Porsche Taycan How to keep Rear LED strip always ON? IMG_1105

You’ll need to be in developer / E mode. These settings are under control unit BCM1 / manual coding / Kodierwert.

Chiu

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD/MINI Cooper S
Country flag
These are the 4 settings you’d need to change for the rear light bar to follow the same behavior as DRL.

IMG_1105.jpeg

You’ll need to be in developer / E mode. These settings are under control unit BCM1 / manual coding / Kodierwert.
Thanks for sharing, do you have the picture after apply the code?

OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_1105.jpeg

Awesome... man 👍
Thank you for the details.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Has anyone successfully coded this yet?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a coder located in the NYC Metro Area?

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag

OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have this coded on mine so can confirm functional.

These same settings activate the rear light bar as part of DRL for 992s and on my previous Panamera.
@C17r15 : Since you seem to be on of the few people who have actually coded their Taycan’s… Could I ask for some more coding assistance?

1) The driver seat moves back when opening the door (to allow easy exit). However, the distance it moves back is quite small. Any coding values to increase this distance, so that entry/ exit becomes easier. In BMW’s this can be coded to a value (only up to a certain max to prevent rear passenger injury). The default value on the Taycan is too small.

2) Vibration on steering wheel (drifting into another lane, etc…) - can the motor frequency/ oscillation be modified to make it feel more stronger?

3) Turn indicator flashes - can these be coded to more than 3, like 5?

4) Default startup mode. Car always switches on in Normal mode - can this be set to last known mode (i.e. when turned off) or hard-coded to Range/Sport/ Sport+.

5) Can Sport+ mode be coded so as not to set Climate A/C mode to Eco+ and keep A/C mode as is?

6) Brightness of front DRL - increased or decreased?

Most of the above are very easily possible in BMW’s - hence my list.

I am happy to start a new thread, if it makes more sense to start collating all Taycan codes… your assistance in coding values for the above would be much appreciated.

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
#1: I’ve looked into comfort entry settings but was not able to find any fields. Not saying not possible, just haven’t found any settings yet given developer mode is all in German, with multiple hundreds of coding values across ~50 control units

#2: I have not explored

#3: in developer mode, under BCM2 > manual coding without rules > motorway flasher light control > input #. I read that this is limited to odd numbers but have not confirmed (I have it set to 5)

#4: in developer mode, under BKE > manual coding without rules:
  • kodierwert:kodierwert default fahrzustand > fahrzustand = “last mode”
  • kodierwert:kodierwert default fahrzustand last mode > fahrzustand last mode = “ja”

#5: I do not believe drive modes are configurable beyond Range mode’s max speed and Individual mode. Individual mode should accomplish what you’re looking for?

#6: I have not explored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My rear LED strip is always on… no coding required. However, I must only drive at night.

Reactions: MEA
OP
OP
Porsche-Guru

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
#1: I’ve looked into comfort entry settings but was not able to find any fields. Not saying not possible, just haven’t found any settings yet given developer mode is all in German, with multiple hundreds of coding values across ~50 control units

#2: I have not explored

#3: in developer mode, under BCM2 > manual coding without rules > motorway flasher light control > input #. I read that this is limited to odd numbers but have not confirmed (I have it set to 5)

#4: in developer mode, under BKE > manual coding without rules:
  • kodierwert:kodierwert default fahrzustand > fahrzustand = “last mode”
  • kodierwert:kodierwert default fahrzustand last mode > fahrzustand last mode = “ja”

#5: I do not believe drive modes are configurable beyond Range mode’s max speed and Individual mode. Individual mode should accomplish what you’re looking for?

#6: I have not explored
Awesome...

I need to get hold of a PIWIS copy and then start exploring. Trouble is don't want to spend $800-$1000 for a hobby piece of software !!!
Will keep looking if I can somehow get a 'free bootlegged' PIWIS version running.