First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
DOES IT WORK?
Being added to the Tesla app doesn't mean much yet. When you look for available SuC locations on the app only the ones supporting MagicDock appear for Porsche. And according to @whitex in his last post, Porsche isn't even on the "Coming Next" list yet.

Zcd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Perf, Genesis GV60 Perf, Audi Q5 TDi
Country flag
Being added to the Tesla app doesn't mean much yet. When you look for available SuC locations on the app only the ones supporting MagicDock appear for Porsche. And according to @whitex in his last post, Porsche isn't even on the "Coming Next" list yet.
It's another step in the process of the Supercharger network opening up to other brands.

As someone who's experienced both the Supercharger and non-Supercharger DCFC networks in the US, Supercharger access can't come fast enough for the other brands, so signs of progress are welcome!

Arcitekt

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I ordered the Tesla to CCS adaptor and received it a few weeks ago. Everything that has been said is true about the Tesla super chargers. It is up to Tesla and Porsche to allow the access to the super chargers without Magi Docks. Yes, you need an account on the Tesla which will unlock us to charge us to charge. For now ors cars have to registered as “Other EV’s” on the app. We have newest type super chargers near me at Buc-ees. Sometime I will try to connect, but certainly do not expect success. Also, I believe the charging rate will be closer to 150kw, not the 270kw possibility at EA or EVgo. In my experience with 150kw at EA chargers has resulted in about 8 extra minutes extra charging time. The adaptors will not matter at Super Chargers as there is software involved, but the Lectron adaptor is designed to meet and exceed the pending the safety standard to be released in the fall. The adaptor is rated to work with 1000v systems, maybe they know something that we don’t. After careful research, Lectron has seemed to nail it with their devices and their many positive video reviews online. I also have a designation Tesla to CCS adaptor in the front trunk just in case it is needed when traveling. One more thing to mention, the adaptors are built beautifully and appear almost indestructible. You will not be sorry with the purchase.
Sponsored