irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I'd be more interested in an update that would consistently connect to the driver's phone no later than before they leave their subdivision. It's a CF every time my wife and I are in the car at the same time, and it isn't uncommon for the Taycan to take a minute or two to connect to my phone when it's the only one in the car.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd be more interested in an update that would consistently connect to the driver's phone no later than before they leave their subdivision. It's a CF every time my wife and I are in the car at the same time, and it isn't uncommon for the Taycan to take a minute or two to connect to my phone when it's the only one in the car.
Funny you should mention that... I stopped using AP last year because it took forever to sync up, but since I switched back last month it's been perfect - instantaneous connection. Might be the upgrade to my phone as well.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
For what it's worth, my iPhone 15 connects to the Taycan almost immediately after starting the car. Even with my wife and I in the car with our phones at the same time it's just as fast. Sometimes we need to switch which phone is connected but that is just a click away on the PCM. All in all, I think the newer versions of IOS have made the connection faster and more stable. It definitely wasn't anything that Porsche did (no updates to my PCM since I got the car a year ago).

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Honest question, what will be the benefit of this? I actually like the look and feel of PCM over the (for me) childish and informal interface of carplay. It can’t be just the interface right? What will it add that is is currently not possible with PCM besides navigation integration in the HUD.

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model 3/X
Country flag
Recently my 20 Turbo S was in the shop for the heater replacement. While there, they did some PCM software update. Now my iPhone 13 connects nearly instantly and always by the time I am out of the driveway.

Might be worth a call to your service rep.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have an older phone but I keep up with the updates (phone and car). No issues with connectivity. I use CarPlay all the time.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Likelihood is very low. Most of what I've seen on iOS dev forums suggests that this requires new hardware in general (not specific to Porsche), so isn't something that can be retrofit purely via software.

"The new CarPlay will be able to adjust climate control and your radio, but this requires new hardware and new communication between your car and iPhone."

Macworld article

DP_Taycan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Likelihood is very low. Most of what I've seen on iOS dev forums suggests that this requires new hardware in general (not specific to Porsche), so isn't something that can be retrofit purely via software.

"The new CarPlay will be able to adjust climate control and your radio, but this requires new hardware and new communication between your car and iPhone."

Macworld article
Yeah I understand can’t our Taycans do this right now? I can control the radio and climate from with CarPlay.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
After the latest update (WPN9 IIRC) my car connects to my iPhone 13 Pro Max before I close the garage I pull out of.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Honest question, what will be the benefit of this? I actually like the look and feel of PCM over the (for me) childish and informal interface of carplay. It can’t be just the interface right? What will it add that is is currently not possible with PCM besides navigation integration in the HUD.
I've also gotten comfortable with the PCM. I'd be most interested in custom options for the lower screen below the air conditioning and seat heater controls. The space for gesture control on the lower screen is absolutely useless to me.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The space for gesture control on the lower screen is absolutely useless to me.
Same here. I wonder if Porsche collects telemetry data on how many people actually use it. If almost nobody, reclaim the space for other controls (perhaps customizable), reduce the test burden which I'm sure is not trivial for every software update.

azraeil

First Name
Nazhri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
My wireless CarPlay is so unstable it's almost unusable. It was stable once I installed the Porsche App version 9.1.0 but after I upgraded my iOS to 17.2, the instability came back ...

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
It's possible car brands are also going knees-deep in creating Atmospheric/Ambient settings for the car.

Lots of lights, music, seat vibrations, headrest speakers etc.

Imagine the feeling of driving underwater with the ocean scent blowing out the vents.

No joke.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am more worried about the amount of screen and digital interface cars will have going forward.
Hope this trend will end soon.
Sponsored