Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
In response to the Porsche Stop Use memo for the supplied Porsche Wall Charger I purchased a plug in version Charge Point Charger and installed that as my replacement. I sent my purchase information to the Porsche reimbursement site on March 1st and received my reimbursement check today. Nice! BTW, the Charge Point does a super job, easy to use, well made and has a very nice cable.
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I got my reimbursement check today too via FedEx. I purchased a J+ Booster portable on the day the rebate offer was announced. It's mountable, portable, and can be adapted to various voltages, amperages, and plug shapes. Click here for a link to the charger for anyone interested.

Brent

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In response to the Porsche Stop Use memo for the supplied Porsche Wall Charger I purchased a plug in version Charge Point Charger and installed that as my replacement. I sent my purchase information to the Porsche reimbursement site on March 1st and received my reimbursement check today. Nice! BTW, the Charge Point does a super job, easy to use, well made and has a very nice cable.
did you get any advance notice that your check was going to be mailed?

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did you get any advance notice that your check was going to be mailed?
Only that I had a FedEx package coming didn’t know what it was until it arrived, required a sugnature.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I went. ChargePoint as well. Really nice unit and the cable is really really nice. I need to process my paperwork, but have noting but trust that they will process and repay.

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems that Porsche wants it to work.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
In the letter from Porsche, they offered a service voucher if you don't need a replacement. Has anyone gone with that?

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In the letter from Porsche, they offered a service voucher if you don't need a replacement. Has anyone gone with that?
My reading of the letter is that you have to submit "Proof of purchase of 3rd party mobile charger" either way. The service voucher just arrives faster and by email, vs the check. I don't know if anyone has gotten the service voucher just by asking for it.

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My reading of the letter is that you have to submit "Proof of purchase of 3rd party mobile charger" either way. The service voucher just arrives faster and by email, vs the check. I don't know if anyone has gotten the service voucher just by asking for it.
I first requested a service voucher without buying a new charger and they responded asking for a charger receipt. So I bought a Chargepoint and resubmitted asking for a reimbursement instead, which arrived last week.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
I emailed my ChargePoint receipt on March 4 so hopefully should see my $ soon.

Note- I had purchased the ChargePoint BEFORE the issue was noted by Porsche.....I had to use a non-Porsche charger to take advantage of my utility company's Time of Use rates (for some reason the Porsche Mobile Connect was not on their list of approved chargers).

I am hoping that they will cover it even though it was purchased in December.

🤞

Randylip

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
I also bought a replacement charger, Juice Box, great product, absolutely no problems and fast charging. I sent my purchase on 2/21/24 and to date have not received my payment.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I just went to the dealer and was totally confused between the reimbursement for new charger vs. replacement of the cable. The reimbursement form states that the retail purchase of the car must fall between Dec 2023 and April 2024, mine was June 2023, so the reimbursement would not apply to me, then I asked about the cable replacement which should have the temp sensor, that one is not available and who knows if ever. I wonder if someone can clarify what can I do. I do not use anything that came in a case as I charge at home using hard wired EVSE but my only use of the provided charger 240V cable would be if I need to charge at a rental stay from a dryer outlet.

EddieD

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan MY22 (delivery 2/22), BMW 335i conv, BMW X3
Country flag
I just went to the dealer and was totally confused between the reimbursement for new charger vs. replacement of the cable. The reimbursement form states that the retail purchase of the car must fall between Dec 2023 and April 2024, mine was June 2023, so the reimbursement would not apply to me, then I asked about the cable replacement which should have the temp sensor, that one is not available and who knows if ever. I wonder if someone can clarify what can I do. I do not use anything that came in a case as I charge at home using hard wired EVSE but my only use of the provided charger 240V cable would be if I need to charge at a rental stay from a dryer outlet.
I purchased my Taycan in April 2022. I just received my reimbursement check about 4 weeks after submitting info for Chargepoint Home Flex. I certainly think your car purchased in June 2023 should apply for reimbursement as well.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I purchased my Taycan in April 2022. I just received my reimbursement check about 4 weeks after submitting info for Chargepoint Home Flex. I certainly think your car purchased in June 2023 should apply for reimbursement as well.
I wonder if you can share a link to the form that you completed to apply for the reimbursement. The form that the dealer printed had those hard dates limitations.
Sponsored