buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This seems like a prudent advisory for ALL Taycan's at this point. I've already had a battery cell and module replaced, but even if I'm immune from this recall, I don't see much benefit to charging over 80% in any of my scenarios.

It sure would be nice to have an OTA update to enforce or at least encourage this behavior. :)

I think this can cause a lot of weird situation. Very reminiscent of the whole Chevrolet Bolt situation back in 2021 where GM adopted this strategy of forcing charging limitation via recall updates. I know cause I had a Bolt at the time that resulted in GM buying back my Bolt and thus why I ended up in a Taycan. GM too was using LG chem batteries in the Bolt.

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
I received the APB5 letter today from Porsche UK. Then also got a call from Porsche UK.

Porsche UK stated that the car will be booked for 5 days, once parts are available.
The dealer will contact me closer to time; expected call back from dealer would be in a few months (not in a few weeks).

Advisory note that came along with the letter:
- Drive as normal, use car as normal.
- Only recommendation: Do not charge battery more than 80%
Iā€™ve had this too. Picked my ST 4S up last June, got the letter last week and a follow-up call.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Itā€™s kinda ridiculous that the industry is designing a product with certain promises and telling you later to only use 80% of its capabilities. No wonder the general public is leery adopting this technology. Itā€™s asking people donā€™t fill up the gas tank or something might happen. My GTS is in the shop for the last 4 weeks waiting for a new battery and itā€™s annoying as hell. At least they gave me a decent loaner.

Reactions: B61

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Curious to see what cars this effects. Iā€™m guessing if itā€™s only 600 some cars it most be 2024 cars.

OP
OP
jvdsanden

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
Itā€™s kinda ridiculous that the industry is designing a product with certain promises and telling you later to only use 80% of its capabilities. No wonder the general public is leery adopting this technology. Itā€™s asking people donā€™t fill up the gas tank or something might happen. My GTS is in the shop for the last 4 weeks waiting for a new battery and itā€™s annoying as hell. At least they gave me a decent loaner.
It is the same as...In de early days the cardealers always said that you should drive a brandnew car carefull for the first 1000km. šŸ˜

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious to see what cars this effects. Iā€™m guessing if itā€™s only 600 some cars it most be 2024 cars.
The notice mentioned cars going back to 2020. I am curious as to why that would be - there must me something in their process that they flagged that has it going back to 2020, across models, but only affecting 600 cars. I think it may be Johan on line 2 during the late shift.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The notice mentioned cars going back to 2020. I am curious as to why that would be - there must me something in their process that they flagged that has it going back to 2020, across models, but only affecting 600 cars. I think it may be Johan on line 2 during the late shift.
Perhaps that is to account for earlier model year Taycans that had their batteries replaced. My 2020 Taycan's battery was replaced in December 2023.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Itā€™s kinda ridiculous that the industry is designing a product with certain promises and telling you later to only use 80% of its capabilities. No wonder the general public is leery adopting this technology.
I agree. Itā€™s like bait n switch, look at this beautiful range estimate right over hereā€¦. Meanwhile the hand out of sight slips in a limiter.

This is what made me leery of Tesla. Knowing some yokle in Stupidville would fall asleep with a hotdog taped to the steering wheel and is involved in an otherwise avoidable accident results in an overnight OTA disabling everyoneā€™s self driving.

For daily driving, an 80% charge is sufficient but if Iā€™m on a road trip, that 50 miles is not insignificant. Given the etiquette (that some donā€™t adhere to) at charging stations to disconnect at 80% I doubt Iā€™ll have much chance to even get to 100% unless itā€™s an Airbnb weā€™re staying at. I was at EA in Cary yesterday, two of the three stations were disabled and a guy in a VW had 3 people waiting while he topped up to 100%.

Reactions: B61

DWN4IT

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Monatelange Standzeiten mƶglich

Audi und Porsche rufen die elektrischen Sportwagen Audi E-Tron GT und Porsche Taycan zurĆ¼ck. Teilemangel kann fĆ¼r monatelange Standzeiten der Fahrzeuge in den WerkstƤtten sorgen.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/verkehr/rueckrufe-fuer-audi-e-tron-gt-und-porsche-taycan/

English translation:

Possible leaks and cell defects in the high-voltage battery force the Audi E-Tron GT and the Porsche Taycan into the workshops. At Porsche, the free inspection and any necessary battery immersion takes four hours; Audi did not provide any information. This is a voluntary recall, the Federal Motor Transport Authority in Flensburg has been informed. Currently, waiting times of up to three months are possible due to a lack of parts. The affected vehicles should not be moved during this time.
I just had my entire battery replaced in my 2020 4S. It took about 4 weeks to get it back as they had to build a brand new one in Germany. It runs soo much better now!!!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Itā€™s not just ridiculusā€¦it;s a shame!
they are selling cars from 100-200k!
Also, they are not able to provide reliable software, 4 years after launch!
Donā€™t even mention that overall consumption math is wrong as wellā€¦.

Rango

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 BMW M550i, 2024 BMW X5
Country flag
Nope-I got recall for my 2021 4S and a recall for my charger.
Sponsored