bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So thought I'd update this thread with all that I have found and purchased since posting.

The Taycan compatible compact (emergency) spare wheel (made in Italy) and tire (Pirelli) are in fact essentially identical to what comes in the 2017+ 971 Panamera Emergency Spare Tire Kit. This kit is European spec and is actually not offered as such by Porsche USA for some odd reason - I say odd as 4 separate USA Porsche Dealerships (including my own) have ratified the wheel and tire as 100% compatible with the Taycan from 2020 on. You can though buy the various components individually from Porsche/dealerships in the US.

Works for me as I certainly do not want nor need all the extra fluff that comes with the Panamera package including the seriously steep Porsche price point for said pkg.!

Here is a pic from Silverspring Porsche's parts pricing of this Panamera kit (I used their getbmwparts store a lot when shopping for various things bimmer related over the years - Jason and Evan are super helpful).

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.47.00 PM.png

and here is a snapshot of the PDF from my local dealership with costs (significantly higher) for same pkg with details:

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 4.18.33 PM.png

Here is a pic I found of the relevant tire on a UK site:

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 4.08.39 PM.png

So at the end of the day I got the wheel for $578 + $75 shipping and the tire for #320 + $28 shipping. Valve stem $1.50 :). If I want tire totes I can get 4 for ca $50 Porsche branded which I prob will do.

All in I have a Porsche certified spare wheel solution with verified full Taycan compatibility (think warranty issues if nec.) for ca. $1000 which TBH is arguably a wee bit ridiculous re cost but a godsend should you be stuck somewhere vs relying on PRA or AAA or whatever other towing service and/or using the gunk or plug kits (and yes I've been there with all of these options over the years with various cars).

For those comparing to the posts here with a GT3 or Cayenne etc red colored spare wheel, they are considerably wider wheels and thus take up more space and actually not certified for the Taycan (although I'm sure would work just fine in a clinch). This Taycan (2020-2022) certified compact wheel is a 20" wheel but only 4.5" wide with a Pirelli tire measuring 155/70 R20 115M.

Lots of different options out there for dealing with flats/blow outs but I know I will now be very much more relaxed knowing I have a proper (albeit donut) spare to switch out as needed,

Cheers, C.

PS: Forgot to include this mechanical scissor jack which can handle the Taycan's weight - purchased on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBWMZZW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 8.28.44 PM.png

An electric jack like this might be cool and efficient no doubt but in bad case scenarios I like to have a 100% dependable mechanical solution!

The electric jack kits I considered (like to following) are FAR more expensive and also weigh 15-22 lbs vs the 7lb mechanical option here:

https://www.amazon.com/HEELP-Electr...7TT6C89G/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B07TT6C89G&th=1
Does this jack fit the Taycan’s mounting points? No adapter needed?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Does this jack fit the Taycan’s mounting points? No adapter needed?
I use the Creative Steel jack pads (as advertised by a user on this forum) which work perfectly and honestly off top of my head cannot recall 100% but fairly certain they fit the OEM mount pts w/o these jack pads but will confirm once I get the car back from the dealership later this week (getting delayed updates applied).

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use the Creative Steel jack pads (as advertised by a user on this forum) which work perfectly and honestly off top of my head cannot recall 100% but fairly certain they fit the OEM mount pts w/o these jack pads but will confirm once I get the car back from the dealership later this week (getting delayed updates applied).
Sorry to bug you, but will this jack fit the Taycan without the jack pads? Thanks.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to bug you, but will this jack fit the Taycan without the jack pads? Thanks.
I want to say yes but want to give yo a 100% certain answer however my car is still at the dealership getting updates/new parts - prob won't get it back 'til early next week but can 100% confirm then.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I want to say yes but want to give yo a 100% certain answer however my car is still at the dealership getting updates/new parts - prob won't get it back 'til early next week but can 100% confirm then.
Great. Thank you.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope you got your car back and it's working well.... any chance to confirm if this jack fits without an adapter? Thanks.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope you got your car back and it's working well.... any chance to confirm if this jack fits without an adapter? Thanks.
Hey - apologies and thx for the reminder as that promise was apparently lost to the wind :)

Yes if used 'as-is' the scissor lift mount is only abut 2/3's of the area provided by the base car mount - a central 'nipple' on the car mounting surface will fit easily inside the scissor lift metal top. All that said you'll still get a far better distribution of pressure imo when using the scissor lift (or any such similar lift) when you combine it with a custom fit pad that fits the whole base car mount surface, so well worth getting.

Here are some pics - just cracks me up re the amazingly uninformed comments re carrying a spare in the CT - as though somehow all the cars we drove til now had no spares and/or we are now incapable of using a car lift to change a wheel - just bizarre but each to their own :) .

Personally carrying this has ZERO impact on utility of my CT but with the most basic secure option of driving your car to a shop/garage to replace a blown tire.

Here is a pic of my spare (tie downs removed) just to show that I can still easily lift the OEM floor mat to reveal the full hidden storage below:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0259

Quick and dirty pics but you get the idea - no access issues and the scissor lift in its own bag here with the Porsche charger and a bunch of other stuff including the red jack pads:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0260

Not the best angle again but you can see that the 'naked' top mount on the scissor lift will easily fit inside the OEM base car lift mount receiver - however I personally much prefer to distribute the pressure from this scissor lift via the jack pad:

BTW - note that my car is on the OEM Low chasis setting here and the scissor lift unextended still has oodles of clearance for easy placement.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0257

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey - apologies and thx for the reminder as that promise was apparently lost to the wind :)

Yes if used 'as-is' the scissor lift mount is only abut 2/3's of the area provided by the base car mount - a central 'nipple' on the car mounting surface will fit easily inside the scissor lift metal top. All that said you'll still get a far better distribution of pressure imo when using the scissor lift (or any such similar lift) when you combine it with a custom fit pad that fits the whole base car mount surface, so well worth getting.

Here are some pics - just cracks me up re the amazingly uninformed comments re carrying a spare in the CT - as though somehow all the cars we drove til now had no spares and/or we are now incapable of using a car lift to change a wheel - just bizarre but each to their own :) .

Personally carrying this has ZERO impact on utility of my CT but with the most basic secure option of driving your car to a shop/garage to replace a blown tire.

Here is a pic of my spare (tie downs removed) just to show that I can still easily lift the OEM floor mat to reveal the full hidden storage below:
IMG_0259.jpeg

Quick and dirty pics but you get the idea - no access issues and the scissor lift in its own bag here with the Porsche charger and a bunch of other stuff including the red jack pads:

IMG_0260.jpeg

Not the best angle again but you can see that the 'naked' top mount on the scissor lift will easily fit inside the OEM base car lift mount receiver - however I personally much prefer to distribute the pressure from this scissor lift via the jack pad:

BTW - note that my car is on the OEM Low chasis setting here and the scissor lift unextended still has oodles of clearance for easy placement.

IMG_0257.jpeg
Wow, thank you so much for providing so much details... much appreciated... Now I need to find out if I have the tire iron in the car? haha..

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, thank you so much for providing so much details... much appreciated... Now I need to find out if I have the tire iron in the car? haha..
No problem - here are a couple of extra pics of when I had to replace the inner front wheel well cover and lower front protective plastic piece mid-summer this year after a road debris hit damaged the originals - thankfully nothing else at all damaged - just adding as this is a std low jack here using the Creative Steel jack pads without any drama in respect ride heights etc.

Changing the wheel on this car is simply no different than any other car, other than being sure to first place the car in 'Jack-Mode' in the PCM to disengage the air lift system. I literally had the old well cover removed and new one installed in under 45 minutes - you can swap a wheel out in a fraction of that time.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_6821

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_6827

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
No problem - here are a couple of extra pics of when I had to replace the inner front wheel well cover and lower front protective plastic piece mid-summer this year after a road debris hit damaged the originals - thankfully nothing else at all damaged - just adding as this is a std low jack here using the Creative Steel jack pads without any drama in respect ride heights etc.

Changing the wheel on this car is simply no different than any other car, other than being sure to first place the car in 'Jack-Mode' in the PCM to disengage the air lift system. I literally had the old well cover removed and new one installed in under 45 minutes - you can swap a wheel out in a fraction of that time.

IMG_6821.jpeg

IMG_6827.jpeg
I'm curious... since the orange adapters have a flat bottom, how do you keep it from sliding off the scissor jack?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious... since the orange adapters have a flat bottom, how do you keep it from sliding off the scissor jack?
Once your opposite wheels are locked (wedged) the vertical lift holds everything in place just fine under the (enormous) weight of the car - not a lot to it and the pads, as you mentioned, have a rectangular extruded base that locks into the receiver on the car base with zero lateral movement - so combined locked base and vertical weight coupled with locked wheels = no movement.

PS: of course you still have the option to simply use the default scissor top placed into the car's receiver - either option will work fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a couple of pics to show how better it is to anchor anything in the rear with the floor hooks (I was using the rear seat attachment points prior as the Porsche OEM mat had these covered for obvious reasons). I simply cut two perfect rectangular cutouts in the rear floor mat to expose the hooks - and yes, if your primary reason for having this or other 3rd party trunk mat is to contain spills then this is not for you! I only transport fluids in the Frunk and then very rarely at that (mostly beer and wine :)) - my rear mat just protects the carpeted floor and easier to clean.

The remaining space in our trunk more than sufficient for any daily use for me - and of course with seats down expands significantly - again YMMV.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0270

Forgot to take a pic of cutouts before replacing wheel - but you can see where it is now anchored to the floor:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0269

Despite teh ties being loose in this pic, my stored setup allows full access to the hidden storage in the trunk floor w/o having to detach any of the wheel ties. Thats where eI keep the jack pads, the scissor lift with wrenches along with EVSE and other bits and bobs:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0259

Tons of space remains even with privacy tray in place:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Compact Spare Tire options IMG_0272

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
is the lug pattern compatible?
I believe so. Called them up and they confirmed that it will fit my 4CT with the 21” wheels. They’ve sold a few of them through their ebay store as well. Can be returned if i’m not satisfied. I might just give them a try. <$400 worth of peace of mind.
Sponsored