daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I think it was @daveo4EV (sorry if I’m wrong) that once pointed out the screen takes the place of some gloss black trim and how people spend as much or more on higher grade interior trim options (or something to that effect). Regardless of my feeling on the usefulness of the screen, I have hard time arguing with that one point.
that was my wife's comment - and she likes it when she's in the car - yeah - it's not do you need the passenger screen - would you rather stare at a blank piece of "trim" - cause the space is going to be there - I happen to like the screen, but wish Porsche would do more with it.
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think it was @daveo4EV (sorry if I’m wrong) that once pointed out the screen takes the place of some gloss black trim and how people spend as much or more on higher grade interior trim options (or something to that effect). Regardless of my feeling on the usefulness of the screen, I have hard time arguing with that one point.
No worries, pretty much everything comes down to personal preference. I like the Hud and the passenger screen, but they may not be to everyone's taste. I always have trouble deciding what to say when someone asks for option advice. I mean options are both one of the most frustrating and one of the most enjoyable processes of ordering a Porsche.

I've come to love the fact that there are so many options for personalizing a Porsche that you find very few cars, with the possible exception of dealer configured vehicles, that are the same.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
that was my wife's comment - and she likes it when she's in the car - yeah - it's not do you need the passenger screen - would you rather stare at a blank piece of "trim" - cause the space is going to be there - I happen to like the screen, but wish Porsche would do more with it.
That I can agree with, I think they can enhance the passenger screen quite a bit.

How a car looks, both inside and outside, is very important to me as is handling. It is one reason I wouldn't have any of the current generation Tesla products I just don't care for the looks either outside or inside. The model S probably comes closest to something I'd consider, but not close enough.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
That I can agree with, I think they can enhance the passenger screen quite a bit.

How a car looks, both inside and outside, is very important to me as is handling. It is one reason I wouldn't have any of the current generation Tesla products I just don't care for the looks either outside or inside. The model S probably comes closest to something I'd consider, but not close enough.
If it weren't for my fear of collective alcoholism, I would suggest a drinking game where we each take a shot every time "Tesla" is mentioned.

But I do like my liver, so, gnope.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
If it weren't for my fear of collective alcoholism, I would suggest a drinking game where we each take a shot every time "Tesla" is mentioned.

But I do like my liver, so, gnope.
Well, I more or less gave up drinking. A couple of glasses of wine and a shot of a good single malt once or twice a year is about it for me these days.

I understand why Tesla comes up so often and appreciate what they've done for the EV industry, but really, in my mind, about the only thing they have in common with a Taycan is they are both EVs. I have a hard time getting my head around why anyone would cross shop Teslas and Porsches, IMO they are just too different.

People ask me for computer buying advice all of the time. Why I'm not sure, as a data scientist/software engineer (retired) I'm pretty sure my choices are not usually appropriate for most users.

Like computers, everyone should get a car that they need, can afford, and that they will enjoy having regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

OP
OP

Square[]

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks, everyone! It looks like I will be going with the tech package, PDCC (still not sure if it's useful, but at least it's a cool piece of technology), and 4+1 (need to confirm if it helps with storing skis).

Current semi-final build (I probably have 2 more months to change it):
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4K2PA1

Sorry

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabriolet; Taycan on order
Country flag
money is no object, go get yourself a turbo s - and yes, there is a difference.
Sponsored