First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Looking a buying either one of these

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/porsche-taycan-turbo-my24-preowned-5L75W7

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-my22-preowned-MQ564W

Any thoughts on which would be the better? Have had test drives in a Turbo S (Twice), GTS (This week seemed about same performance as my i4 M50 apart from handling) and a 4S. Is there much difference between the Turbo & Turbo S apart from launch? Current car has launch control and used only twice in 18 months.
I know the Turbo S comes with Ceramic Brakes but wont be using on track.

Turbo original price was £153k and has done 73 miles. Turbo S done 9556 miles. Both have very good specs with features that I would like. Is Passenger display worth having or is it just a bit of a gimmick?
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I'd go for the brand new (assuming pre-reg?) Turbo with the higher spec.

Interesting they have put a 2 year approved warranty on top of the new car warranty on the TurboS, so both warranties end late 2026. The 'new car warranty' on the Turbo is better than the 'approved used warranty' on the TurboS.

Make sure all recalls, especially heater, are done whatever model you buy!

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've had several front-seat passengers over the past 22 months, and none of them were too interested in the display. Bit of a gimmick.

FWIW the passenger display is not a big driver for making the decision IMO.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
2023 Turbo looks like a steal of a deal. I would hurry before it is gone.
I paid full price for mine when I placed the order in May of 2022, delivered June 2023.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I’d definitely go for the Turbo with pre reg mileage.

I’ve just traded mine in (after having two Taycans) and absolutely loved the Turbo and this car you’re considering looks very similar in spec but new.

the Turbo is lightening quick - rarely get to use the power that’s ‘on tap’ so can’t imagine a usefor

passenger screen in both my previous cars and it’s nice to have and quite practical (keeps the passenger from invading your space) 😂

best of luck with your final decision

OP
OP

David M

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looking a buying either one of these

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/porsche-taycan-turbo-my24-preowned-5L75W7

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-my22-preowned-MQ564W

Any thoughts on which would be the better? Have had test drives in a Turbo S (Twice), GTS (This week seemed about same performance as my i4 M50 apart from handling) and a 4S. Is there much difference between the Turbo & Turbo S apart from launch? Current car has launch control and used only twice in 18 months.
I know the Turbo S comes with Ceramic Brakes but wont be using on track.

Turbo original price was £153k and has done 73 miles. Turbo S done 9556 miles. Both have very good specs with features that I would like. Is Passenger display worth having or is it just a bit of a gimmick?
Both have too much power so don't let that be a decider.

I would go MY23. This is a bargain for what is a new car and many expensive options for free. I knew it was Aberdeen before clicking the link as they had many cars with exactly the same mileage sitting around since January.

Passenger Display is pointless imho and of limited use.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m excited about Gen2 Taycan as I found the range of my Turbo compared to 4S to be a little restrictive when I ventured into 125/150 mile trips (return mileage 250/275 and scrambling for public charging) Beware of that if you’re new to EV because the extra legs of Turbo or nicely styled 4S is beneficial as these fantastic deals for effectively ‘new’ Gen1 Taycans are all subsidised by Porsche gmbh in knowledge that new G2 cars are now entering the showrooms … so push for a deal and another increment of disc as April / May is crunch time but unless your range requirements are very modest look for Turbo or 4S spec’d generously.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Thank you for replies. Think the newer model is the better option. Just noticed the same dealer has a Turbo S Pre Reg for £10k more than the Turbo with probably equal spec. Had set my limit to 100k on searches on Porsche UK Appproved used but was showing wife on her ipad the ones I was looking at and noticed this one -

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB...e&maximum-mileage=5000&order=price_asc&page=2
I’d go for that, given it has ceramics it’s only £5k more than the turbo….man maths 😂

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
That Turbo S spec would have cost £180,000+ last year!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That Turbo S spec would have cost £180,000+ last year!
Yeah and it's also the fastest depreciating variant of the Taycan as is any 'Turbo S' model...

Porsche have now created a problem as many of us will be way of the dumping that when on from Nov'23 onwards and will expect the same tactic come the all new Taycan in 2027 (ish) - not many private buyers will be stitched up twice if they have their wits about them.

Already reading that the range on the Macan EV is not all that (as we'd guessed at) with 270 - 300 around the max in UK (season dependent) ... many folk in US are already getting that with Gen 1 cars. Gen 2 Taycan will be no different and the additional range is mainly due to the bigger battery...who knew!?

Time the WLTP is ditched as it is in truth complete and utter hogwash!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Go and look at both MY23 cars, decide which you prefer and deal hard. You could easily get 10k off the TS (and some of the T).

And if they won't deal, walk away and call them next month to see how keen they are when the same cars are still there :)

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Speak to Craig at aberdeen. Abosolute gent.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go and look at both MY23 cars, decide which you prefer and deal hard. You could easily get 10k off the TS (and some of the T).

And if they won't deal, walk away and call them next month to see how keen they are when the same cars are still there :)
Yeah walk away in the knowledge they’ve got your number!

(Dealers thrive on buyers having emotion … if you’re buying old-gen technology then tell them that’s your concern and you expect a price to reflect that and bid them a few grand lower - like @whinge I’d be going every day for the Turbo (it’s faster than any of us truly need, great spec and decent price … better residual!)