gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Impossible to pick a single number. Drive an ICE in cold weather and stop and go traffic and the mileage will be horrendous. Minimal stop and go, 45-50 mph in warm weather and probably double the first situation. Taycan/EV is no different. Now throw in the fact that we have a shrinking "gas tank".

First 1,500 miles and the GOM showed 280 miles @ 100%. Probably 85kWh available in the battery at an indicated 3.3mi/kWh works out to 280 miles. Now (8,000+ miles) with a State of Health of 91% the GOM is usually right around 265 miles. 86.7 kWh @ 91% = 79 kWh available. History now shows 3.4 mi/kWh so range should be 268 miles. Consistent with what is displayed. Driving the hills of North Carolina I was watching the estimated range drop to 200 miles. Warm, flat Florida on rural roads and I can get close to 300 in theory (I've seen an indicated 3.8 mi/kWh). Now throw in that even if you charge to 100% almost no one is going to go below 10% away from home (talking about you EA).

I would say that a realistic driving range from a 100% charge is 225 to 240 miles when leaving a cushion for charging hiccups.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Real range in average temps is 205-225 if you have Mission Es (which btw is what the Porsche range estimator estimates…). Anyone doing better is driving like a granny and/or is riding on 19s/20s.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
So I charged my car to 100%. Guess o meter said 222 miles. Today battery is at 51%, guess o meter says 112 miles, which would indicate about a 220 mile total range. Except… since charging, I’ve only traveled 101 miles per the odometer, so the real range is only about 206 miles…

Mostly high speed highway driving with air con going, so the 206 doesn’t surprise me. The continued overstatement of range by Porsche software makes me lol.
Ha ha, I guess you wrote this tongue in cheek?
The difference is less than 10 %! Perhaps the wind was blowing just a bit stronger? More moisture in the air? Or you drove just a bit faster than EPA speeds? Or the road conditions were damp, colder?

Have you never experienced a 10% difference in consumption in an ICE car?

Seems like a non issue to me.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The difference is less than 10 %! Perhaps the wind was blowing just a bit stronger? More moisture in the air? Or you drove just a bit faster than EPA speeds? Or the road conditions were damp, colder?

Exactly. That literally could be the product of a heavy right foot for one journey. Seems damn decent to me. Usually my guess-o-meter is spot on and often I get an increase of a percentage or two on longer journeys

Read the manual and it states it is an estimate, along with the caveats and things that impact the stats. And there's a reason we call it the guess-o-meter 😉

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
Exactly. That literally could be the product of a heavy right foot for one journey. Seems damn decent to me. Usually my guess-o-meter is spot on and often I get an increase of a percentage or two on longer journeys

Read the manual and it states it is an estimate, along with the caveats and things that impact the stats. And there's a reason we call it the guess-o-meter 😉
Agree! I really never look at the km left on the GOM, but use the trip planner and see the % at destination. And that is mostly within a few %age points and accurate. Even if Right Foot was heavier than planned.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Are you basing that off the inaccurate miles/kWh statistic in your app or based on actual mileage divided by battery percentage change? The former overstates actual range in my experience.
Miles traveled divided by percent of battery used is the magic formula.
Most realistic read.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Harmonic convergence between our two German EVs!

But somewhat misleading as my wife had previously driven the i4 on some shorter trips in colder weather.

Otherwise, both actual and GOM range in ideal temperatures at around 70mph had been about 270 for the i4 M50 and 250 for the 4 CT.

Porsche Taycan What is your TRUE mileage? IMG_3270

Porsche Taycan What is your TRUE mileage? IMG_3269

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

It was the exact same driving I always do, same route, in near perfect temperatures. It is as good as it gets for me, and it confirmed what I already suspected based on repeated rough calcs. Im getting much lower mileage than it estimates. Btw, I continued this charge down to 10% and my actual full range is 196 miles. The guessometer says 220, and the crazy total trip data stat says 240.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

There was nothing whatsoever unique about this driving. If anything I went a little easier hoping to get close to 220. My point is simply that the PCM estimates are all high. Only way to know your true range in the Taycan is to use the odometer.

Rickpriceuk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997 C4S
Country flag
On my first trip I started at full charge with a predicted 211m range. Drove 98 miles each way with a small detour on the way back (maybe 1-2m longer?). Got home with 11m left. So pretty accurate.

But in a turbo only 210 miles to a full charge. None of this ‘round-the-world’ 250+ business.
Sponsored