New Charger-related recall (for the 240 V cable) (NHTSA ID 23V-841)

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just got my check from Porsche for the Chargepoint Flex I bought. The response time was quicker than I expected. (2 weeks)

That having been said, Porsche loses points because I could not get them to respond in any way to several requests for confirmation of receipt of my request. They lost the opportunity to turn lemons into lemonade but I got the check!
Porsche Taycan New Charger-related recall (for the 240 V cable) (NHTSA ID 23V-841) Screenshot_20240229_091818_Chrome
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
How much did you put your old wall chargers up for? I might be in the same boat if I upgrade to the Universal.
Private message sent.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Haven't gotten my check yet, has been 4 weeks

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Gotten mine on Friday and I submitted it on 2/17 so right around 4 weeks.

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Not bad at all - did you get any notification of it being in the mail or did it just 'arrive'?
Got my check today. Had to do a package hold at my local fedex since I wasn’t home to receive it. I sent the requirements 3/1 so turn around of less than 3 weeks… not bad at all.

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Some of you got it quick! Emailed everything on Feb 20. No email confirmation. Emailed again on Mar 7 and got auto reply email. No check as of today Mar 18

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Got my check today. Had to do a package hold at my local fedex since I wasn’t home to receive it. I sent the requirements 3/1 so turn around of less than 3 weeks… not bad at all.
Aha! That’s what happened to me but had actually no clue as to what the heck I was receiving - just read your post - now I know :). I’m hoping they’ll do a redelivery attempt today.

moneymil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X7
Country flag
It’s great to see folks getting their refunds! I just purchased a “new to me” 2022 CPO Taycan GTS and the dealership told they couldn’t give me the 240V outlet to PMCC cable, only the 110. They said “if” Porsche makes them available they would buy one for me. I was confused by the “if” comment until I found this thread (thanks to all!).

When I called the dealer back to explain that I’m now familiar with the policy I was told they didnt tell me about about the refund option for purchasing my own home charger because it only applies to the original owner, not me since I’m buying pre-owned.

I can see Porsche only allowing g one refund per VIN but if the original owner didn’t apply for a refund shouldn’t I be entitled to one? Is Porsche really okay with selling me a certified pre-owned Taycan without I cldujg the ability to charge at home (at a reasonable level 2)?

I called Porsche NA Customer Service (who was lovely by the way!). I mentioned I just acquired a CPO 2022 Taycan and I provided my account information so the rep was able to look me up. She then emailed me a list of preferred chargers and instructions on how to submit for reimbursement. She did not say I don’t qualify because I purchased a pre-owned vehicle.

So my dilemma is, do I proceed, expecting to be reimbursed, and run the risk that I am later told I do not qualify? Or, do I call Porsche back, and emphasize that my dealer told me I would not qualify? If I do the first, I can reasonably argue with Porsche that they are representative. Instructed me on how to submit a refund request. I just don’t have the time or energy to fight so wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It’s great to see folks getting their refunds! I just purchased a “new to me” 2022 CPO Taycan GTS and the dealership told they couldn’t give me the 240V outlet to PMCC cable, only the 110. They said “if” Porsche makes them available they would buy one for me. I was confused by the “if” comment until I found this thread (thanks to all!).

When I called the dealer back to explain that I’m now familiar with the policy I was told they didnt tell me about about the refund option for purchasing my own home charger because it only applies to the original owner, not me since I’m buying pre-owned.

I can see Porsche only allowing g one refund per VIN but if the original owner didn’t apply for a refund shouldn’t I be entitled to one? Is Porsche really okay with selling me a certified pre-owned Taycan without I cldujg the ability to charge at home (at a reasonable level 2)?

I called Porsche NA Customer Service (who was lovely by the way!). I mentioned I just acquired a CPO 2022 Taycan and I provided my account information so the rep was able to look me up. She then emailed me a list of preferred chargers and instructions on how to submit for reimbursement. She did not say I don’t qualify because I purchased a pre-owned vehicle.

So my dilemma is, do I proceed, expecting to be reimbursed, and run the risk that I am later told I do not qualify? Or, do I call Porsche back, and emphasize that my dealer told me I would not qualify? If I do the first, I can reasonably argue with Porsche that they are representative. Instructed me on how to submit a refund request. I just don’t have the time or energy to fight so wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance.
my time is worth more than any of these EVSE's will actually cost…

owning a "good" EVSE that "just works" is the goal and leads to maximum EV ownership happiness

_IF_ I get reimbursed for my non-Porsche EVSE purchase that's gravy to me but not an essential meal…

is spending $599 or less on a good EVSE that doesn't overheat and actually charges the vehicle a deal killer?

get one of the recommended EVSE's - file the paperwork and then let PCNA sort it out - if you don't get reimbursed is that such a bad thing? I know we all like a bit of a deal - but eyes on the prize getting a good, reliable, EVSE to charge our EV's is the goal - none of this stuff is serious money.

this thread will let you go DEEP into the history here…https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche can't supply us with a charger that works. My PMCC has stopped working, and I had to buy another charger. Yes, it's reimbursed, but I cannot believe a major car manufacturer like Porsche can't even supply their customers with a simple charger that works when there are a dozen third party manufacturers that can. Unbelievable. :mad:

C130

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Hybrid, 24 Taycan
Country flag
My dealer gave me a new Chargepoint Home Flex for my 240v outlet. Seems like a great charger and the app is very simple to use. I really like how you can program start/stop charging times. Plus, it tells you your exact daily charging costs.

It’s very easy to install, I mounted it to my wall. I’ve only been using it for about three nights but it seems you
Sponsored